Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to Waitrose for my lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Have you become a moody old grouch since giving up?

Or have you always been like this
    No grumpiness, since I have nictine when required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I smoked my last cigarette on Sunday 24th September at 08:00. v also.

Vaping appears to be the answer for me, and given that the nicotine bit is contributing about 1% of the total smoking nastiness, it seems a small price to pay.

Speaking of paying, I calculated today that in the two and a half weeks since quitting we have saved £425. Although vaping liquid costs about £5 per week.
    My word.

What were you doing up at the ungodly hour of 0800 on a Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    and it was quite exceptional.

Spicy salmon crunch sushi roll, mango fingers and a nakd bakewell tart bar.

Shocked at how tasty it all was.
    I had a fruit scone and an apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My word.

I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My word.

I awake earlier on a weekend than a weekday. Considering a weekday is 06:30am this is very often a massive problem.

I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around
    5-30 every work day.. 8-00 at weekend if the kids allow it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I awake earlier on a weekend than a weekday. Considering a weekday is 06:30am this is very often a massive problem.
    I don't get people that can awake at one hour Mon-Fri and then magically sleep in to all hours on Sat/Sun. My body doesn't work like that.

My alarm goes at 6am Mon-Fri and on Saturday morning with no alarm I wake at the same time. It's all I can do to lay in to 7am.

Plus, the kitchen on your own early in the morning is a wonderful thing. Cup of tea, Charlie Parker, a fire if it's a tad chilly, the morning papers, perhaps a Madeleine or two to nibble on, hopefully the patter of rain on the glass roof to make you feel safe and cosey...

What if several bottles have been taken during the course of the prior evening?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Even if sir is drinking into the wee hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What if several bottles have been taken during the course of the prior evening?
    I have had such an evening about twice in the past year, r.

Two (large) glasses of wine is about my limit these days.