Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I went to Waitrose for my lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around
    What's for breakfast on the walking days?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Even if sir is drinking into the wee hours?
    Perhaps not, but then on these occasions I am woken by 1 or 2 kids wanting to engage me in some form of topical debate. This I accept is my own fault.

Certainly would not be sleeping beyond 7 no matter. Not a hope.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I don't get people that can awake at one hour Mon-Fri and then magically sleep in to all hours on Sat/Sun. My body doesn't work like that.

My alarm goes at 6am Mon-Fri and on Saturday morning with no alarm I wake at the same time. It's all I can do to lay in to 7am.

Plus, the kitchen on your own early in the morning is a wonderful thing. Cup of tea, Charlie Parker, a fire if it's a tad chilly, the morning papers, perhaps a Madeleine or two to nibble on, hopefully the patter of rain on the glass roof to make you feel safe and cosey...

Bálls to all that. A nice sub-23 minute 5k to get the blood pumping, that's what to do at 6 a.m. at the weekend.

I don't get people that can awake at one hour Mon-Fri and then magically sleep in to all hours on Sat/Sun. My body doesn't work like that.

My alarm goes at 6am Mon-Fri and on Saturday morning with no alarm I wake at the same time. It's all I can do to lay in to 7am.

Plus, the kitchen on your own early in the morning is a wonderful thing. Cup of tea, Charlie Parker, a fire if it's a tad chilly, the morning papers, perhaps a Madeleine or two to nibble on, hopefully the patter of rain on the glass roof to make you feel safe and cosey...

I can associate with this apart from the tea bit, and Charlie Parker as I don't know who he is, I would have to nip out for papers which is not ideal and I am more a malted milk man than a Madeleine.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I can associate with this apart from the tea bit, and Charlie Parker as I don't know who he is, I would have to nip out for papers which is not ideal and I am more a malted milk man than a Madeleine.
    Jazz, SW, jazz.

God's gift to man.

Bird, I presume :smokin:

Legendary jazz tenor-sax player from Kansas City.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Jazz, SW, jazz.

God's gift to man.
    Miles Davis, John Coltrane, bit of Acid Jazz.

That is my limits in this respect.

I may investigate Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around
    At 6am on Sunday I was just leaving the pub. That's civilisation

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Legendary jazz tenor-sax player from Kansas City.
    Lover Man

Any man that cannot appreciate this is not a proper man imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What's for breakfast on the walking days?
    Depends entirely on how rapidly v gets herself sorted. If she takes too long in the bathroom and time is running short, a slice of toast and a yoghurt. If she's on top of things, eggs and bacon.

I also prepare 2 flasks of tea and a hipflask of brandy.