Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I went to Waitrose for my lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That’s not really any of my business, is it?
    She's your daughter b, no man will obviously be good enough for her
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I suppose that’s one way of putting it, yes.

According to the signs there, the whole campus is a safe space for LGBTQ types.

Don’t really know how I was allowed to park, really.
    There was a dude on the Luas the other day and his work lanyard thing was brightly emblazoned as per the flag and it carried some writing about him (presumably) being LGBT friendly or something along those lines.

I thought this rather fúcking odd.

A minefield for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Depends entirely on how rapidly v gets herself sorted. If she takes too long in the bathroom and time is running short, a slice of toast and a yoghurt. If she's on top of things, eggs and bacon.

I also prepare 2 flasks of tea and a hipflask of brandy.
    You can get up and down a mountain on just that? And with no, erm, emergency fuel supply tucked under yourskin anywhere? Amazeballs, as they say, somewhat irritatingly. What survival rations do you take with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You can get up and down a mountain on just that? And with no, erm, emergency fuel supply tucked under yourskin anywhere? Amazeballs, as they say, somewhat irritatingly. What survival rations do you take with you?
    Ah, if we're properly going up something, there will be an elevenses meal of sandwiches, crisps, apples and Kit Kats within the rucksack. This meal will be taken at around 10, followed by getting off the mountain in time for lunch at 1

Do you like to load up in the morning prior to departure, a? I generally find I'm too excited and raring to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah, if we're properly going up something, there will be an elevenses meal of sandwiches, crisps, apples and Kit Kats within the rucksack. This meal will be taken at around 10, followed by getting off the mountain in time for lunch at 1

Do you like to load up in the morning prior to departure, a? I generally find I'm too excited and raring to go.
    Oh yes, the works. Grapefruit and perhaps some other fruits followed by a full Onglay. We used to take lunch but now just a few nibbles and an emergency bar of something. We don't get out until half-nine onwards, so no chance of being back down for lunch, more a couple of afternoon beers before dinner.

I'm sure the very early hours are magnificent out there, but my clock isn't really cut out for that sort of caper, and I doubt the innkeepers would be too amused if we demanded brekky for half past five.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    She's your daughter b, no man will obviously be good enough for her
    I've never really understood the logic that my status as a father should entitle me to a - frankly prurient - interest in my daughter's sex life. The whole notion's always sounded a bit weird and pervy to me.

As long as she's safe and happy, I couldn't care less.

I've never really understood the logic that my status as a father should entitle me to a - frankly prurient - interest in my daughter's sex life. The whole notion's always sounded a bit weird and pervy to me.

As long as she's safe and happy, I couldn't care less.
    Right. Just happy to have them off the wage bill, so to speak.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Just happy to have them off the wage bill, so to speak.
    A few years yet until that's the case, I fear.

A few years yet until that's the case, I fear.
    Hooray for Hollywood then, I guess, "with their hair in ribbons and legs in tights"

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."