Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Messi's third was the choice of the three and for those of us that actually

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Never saw Cruyff play, so can have no opinion.

Maradona won a world cup while carrying 10 other players.

Messi's a little fairy-boy who looks like his mammy cuts his hair. Also, 'Lionel' is a ridiculous name.
    In a previous job several of my colleagues would call me Lionel on a routine basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7n1-batJPU

Also, my grandma's last boyfriend was called Lionel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The problem is that you are Canadian so haven't played the game at any level at all
    gpwm

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Also took a very average Napoli side to the Scudetto
    And all while using absolutely terrifying quantities of cocaine and fvcking every hooker south of the Austrian border. Imagine how good he could have been if he'd been sober!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    In a previous job several of my colleagues would call me Lionel on a routine basis, because of the bloke from Trading Places.

Also, my grandma's last boyfriend was called Lionel.
    It's acceptable for old men to be called Lionel - particularly old, Jewish men. The best footballer in the world, however, has no business being called Lionel. It's just wrong.

And all while using absolutely terrifying quantities of cocaine and fvcking every hooker south of the Austrian border. Imagine how good he could have been if he'd been sober!
    One of the reasons people choose him over Messi, I think.

Messi is the better player imo but there is no question that Maradonna is the more interesting 'character'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How many matches of Cruyff's and Maradonna's careers did you watch, out of interest?
    Many of Maradonna's - pretty much all his matches in the 82, 86 and 90 world cups and Italian football was always pretty popular in Canada back in the day, they had games on the telly every weekend. Quite the large Italian Canadian population in Toronto.

Cruyff I saw little of. Danish football just didn't have the following needed to have it televised in Canada back then.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Many of Maradonna's - pretty much all his matches in the 82, 86 and 90 world cups and Italian football was always pretty popular in Canada back in the day, they had games on the telly every weekend. Quite the large Italian Canadian population in Toronto.

Cruyff I saw little of. Danish football just didn't have the following needed to have it televised in Canada back then.
    'Danish'?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    One of the reasons people choose him over Messi, I think.

Messi is the better player imo but there is no question that Maradonna is the more interesting 'character'.
    Nothing to do with 'character'. It's about achievements on the pitch. Maradona performed miracles with teams of ordinary players around him. Messi's achievements have been in teams full of superstars.

It's t'other way about, I reckon; had he remained sober, we'd never even have heard of him. Everyone needs a motivation.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

'Danish'?
    Couldn't work out if that was or if he is just a thick yank
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar