Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Football bloggers might do themselves a favour by avoiding political comment imo.

  1. #1

    Football bloggers might do themselves a favour by avoiding political comment imo.

    Obviously they can write what the hell they like but when one of them wrote this I did question his analytical abilities:

    And as I wind this piece up the news has started. The scenes I am seeing in Barcelona make me seethe. The grandchildren are growing up in a world that would be much better were Trump not effectively in charge of the free world, and if another European conflict was not a real possibility. Perhaps I had best leave it there.
    Now, one might argue that his comments about Trump are seperate from his comments about Barcelona, but it does rather look as if he is blaming Trump for the actions of the Spanish police, which would seem a very odd thing to say, and when he finished with "Perhaps I had best leave it there" I was thinking "perhaps you have already said too much, my friend".

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Obviously they can write what the hell they like but when one of them wrote this I did question his analytical abilities:



    Now, one might argue that his comments about Trump are seperate from his comments about Barcelona, but it does rather look as if he is blaming Trump for the actions of the Spanish police, which would seem a very odd thing to say, and when he finished with "Perhaps I had best leave it there" I was thinking "perhaps you have already said too much, my friend".
    Is that thon Oirish fella? He does have the capacity for a bit of sanctimony, I fear.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Obviously they can write what the hell they like but when one of them wrote this I did question his analytical abilities:



    Now, one might argue that his comments about Trump are seperate from his comments about Barcelona, but it does rather look as if he is blaming Trump for the actions of the Spanish police, which would seem a very odd thing to say, and when he finished with "Perhaps I had best leave it there" I was thinking "perhaps you have already said too much, my friend".
    He talks about another European conflict being possible as thought it's a bad thing. Personally, I think it's just what we all need. Clear the air a bit, sort of thing.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is that thon Oirish fella? He does have the capacity for a bit of sanctimony, I fear.
    No, it's Goonerholic. But yes, Mr Mangan does like to remind us of his position and the righteousness of it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He talks about another European conflict being possible as thought it's a bad thing. Personally, I think it's just what we all need. Clear the air a bit, sort of thing.
    Well, the Jihadis are doing their best to start one, tbf.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, it's Goonerholic. But yes, Mr Mangan does like to remind us of his position and the righteousness of it.
    What position is this?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, it's Goonerholic. But yes, Mr Mangan does like to remind us of his position and the righteousness of it.
    To be fair to him, he doesn't approach the levels of sanctimony and right-on pretension of thon Geordie off the Football Ramble. That bloke makes Ian Harvey seem reasoned and open-minded.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What position is this?
    Being a dirty lefty, I imagine.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well, the Jihadis are doing their best to start one, tbf.
    Oh, that'll just be a sideshow when we all start kicking the shīte out of each other again.

    It's been too long, a. The continent is just itching to kick off again. I can feel it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, that'll just be a sideshow when we all start kicking the shīte out of each other again.

    It's been too long, a. The continent is just itching to kick off again. I can feel it.
    Bear in mind that we currently have an army consisting of half an armoured brigade and about 6 lads from the TA, a navy sans boats, and an air 'force' with an operational capacity of 7. 10 if you include the Battle of Britian Memorial Flight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •