Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: This Harvey Weinstein fellow; he's clearly something of a knob.

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You didn't - but you clearly played down the significance of his behavior in both your posts on this thread.

    What he's done deserves dismissal and possibly incarceration.
    What, wearing a dressing gown?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You didn't - but you clearly played down the significance of his behavior in both your posts on this thread.

    What he's done deserves dismissal and possibly incarceration.
    No, I didn’t. I expressed my complete lack of surprise or outrage and some irritation at the way in cases like this that accusation immediately seems to magically transform into fact.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What, wearing a dressing gown?
    No, attempting to force women into having sex with him in order to further their careers.

    Assuming it's proven, of course.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, attempting to force women into having sex with him in order to further their careers.

    Assuming it's proven, of course.
    Wearing a dressing gown isn't the same as trying to force someone to have sex with you, w.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, I didn’t. I expressed my complete lack of surprise or outrage and some irritation at the way in cases like this that accusation immediately seems to magically transform into fact.
    I expect that transformation into fact might have something to do with the fact that so many women have come forward, that people within the industry have commented on how many stories they had heard about him and that he hasn't in any way denied it.

    It can become not fact pretty quickly by him simply saying 'it never happened'.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, I didn’t. I expressed my complete lack of surprise or outrage and some irritation at the way in cases like this that accusation immediately seems to magically transform into fact.
    BTW, if memory serves you were pretty quick to condemn Chad Evans even though the judicial process had not run its course.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wearing a dressing gown isn't the same as trying to force someone to have sex with you, w.
    I don't think that is all he has been accused of c... should have been wearing a smoking jacket imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    BTW, if memory serves you were pretty quick to condemn Chad Evans even though the judicial process had not run its course.
    I condemned him on the basis that he had actually been convicted in a court of law. You’re condemning Weinstein on the basis of hearsay.

    fwiw, I think they’re both probably revolting, sleazy cúnts

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I condemned him on the basis that he had actually been convicted in a court of law. You’re condemning Weinstein on the basis of hearsay.

    fwiw, I think they’re both probably revolting, sleazy cúnts
    Not illegal all the same is it?

    The ladies still had a say, could exit the scenario should they wish.

    Sleazy etc. as you say and roundly condemned now.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I condemned him on the basis that he had actually been convicted in a court of law. You’re condemning Weinstein on the basis of hearsay.

    fwiw, I think they’re both probably revolting, sleazy cúnts
    I didn't condemn Evans at the time because it seemed to me that he had an awfully strong argument that he was unjustly convicted so it seemed sensible to wait and let the judicial process complete before passing judgment.

    My view of Weinstein is that there seems to be overwhelming evidence against him and his complete silence seems to suggest he's guilty. Although I wouldn't condemn him completely at this point, my point was that what he is being accused of is not just a bit of slap and tickle that can be easily dismissed, it needs to be treated seriously.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •