Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88

Thread: This Harvey Weinstein fellow; he's clearly something of a knob.

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    However, I'm somewhat cynical about the claims of those who felt 'violated' because he opned the door of his hotel room wearing a dressing gown. There seems to me to be an element of overreaction here.

    It would appear that hyperbole is the new reason.
    Perhaps that's why they didn't go straight to the police.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So far, all we've heard is from women he's asked for a massage, masturbated into a pot plant in front of or greeted in his dressing gown. We've heard nothing to my knowledge of him slipping anyone the fattener, have we?

    Special mention to Donna Karan though, for inserting a bit of old-fashioned common sense into the kerfuffle. And no doubt saving me a few quid this Winter into the bargain
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    script or the such, and then appears at the door in a silken dressing gown, flapping open to reveal his tumescent cock, then a woman could have grounds for complaint.

    I find it odd that the only woman defending him is a dog's cock ugly as he is.
    It's equality gone mad, innit. I reckon the subtext here is that powerful ugly women too ought to allowed to be publicly accused of sexual misconduct, which of course they never are.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  4. #44
    Senior Member PSRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,319
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Special mention to Donna Karan though, for inserting a bit of old-fashioned common sense into the kerfuffle. And no doubt saving me a few quid this Winter into the bargain
    Quite, huge reductions coming up on DKNY clothing, wd Donna

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Quite, huge reductions coming up on DKNY clothing, wd Donna
    Right. Now just need Manuel Blahnik and the people at Daimler to speak out too and we'll be laughing
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    script or the such, and then appears at the door in a silken dressing gown, flapping open to reveal his tumescent cock, then a woman could have grounds for complaint.

    I find it odd that the only woman defending him is a dog's cock ugly as he is.
    Well they're older, so of course they're not the spring chickens they once were. Donna Karan, etc. Also it's just a generational thing. They're fvcking the old goat in the ass, sweeping in a new bunch. Just a simple, time-honored process really.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If I thought you were being serious, the logical outcome of this would be that those women who submit to sleaze-bags and screw their way to the top will do so at the expense of those who don't. A system which seems to ecapsulate and reward prostitution and sexual predatism.
    I am being serious. We are not talking about a job in the civil service here. Its Hollywood, it happens.

    And can we please not indulge the fantasy that it is only women who suffer from this. There are plenty of stories of similar things happening to young boys, far younger than these women. Nobody seems to give a **** about that but they want me to get all bent out of shape because a few grossly ambitious young models and actresses were asked to suck a cock to get ahead (pun intended).

    I heard one of the secretly recorded incidents on the radio and yes, its creepy, pretty gross. But the hacks on radio 5 falling over themselves in their gushing condemnation (oh my word, isn't it disgusting/appalling/horrifying/simply the worst thing ever) was arguably worse.

    **** all this ****. I am not falling for it again.

    Bloody women

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am being serious. We are not talking about a job in the civil service here. Its Hollywood, it happens.

    And can we please not indulge the fantasy that it is only women who suffer from this. There are plenty of stories of similar things happening to young boys, far younger than these women. Nobody seems to give a **** about that but they want me to get all bent out of shape because a few grossly ambitious young models and actresses were asked to suck a cock to get ahead (pun intended).

    I heard one of the secretly recorded incidents on the radio and yes, its creepy, pretty gross. But the hacks on radio 5 falling over themselves in their gushing condemnation (oh my word, isn't it disgusting/appalling/horrifying/simply the worst thing ever) was arguably worse.

    **** all this ****. I am not falling for it again.

    Bloody women
    There was a great twitter exchange involving Jessica Chastain that summed up the hypocrisy rather nicely, I thought.

    She tweeted 'I was warned from the beginning. The stories were everywhere.'. Someone asked her why she hadn't said anything and she said 'It wasn't my story to tell. That was up to the victims.'

    Righto, love.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There was a great twitter exchange involving Jessica Chastain that summed up the hypocrisy rather nicely, I thought.

    She tweeted 'I was warned from the beginning. The stories were everywhere.'. Someone asked her why she hadn't said anything and she said 'It wasn't my story to tell. That was up to the victims.'

    Righto, love.
    On the recording she has a hundred opportunities to say '**** off you old pervert, touch me and I will kill you'. she doesn't because she is secretly recording him.

    I am not defending the chap, he is clearly a tosser. However.... if they were very clear in their minds that they weren't willing to do any that in return for the help he was offering it would be a simple parting of the ways. The tragedy is many of them would be willing and many others would at least consider it.

    That doesn't make it right but it tells you something.....

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    On the recording she has a hundred opportunities to say '**** off you old pervert, touch me and I will kill you'. she doesn't because she is secretly recording him.

    I am not defending the chap, he is clearly a tosser. However.... if they were very clear in their minds that they weren't willing to do any that in return for the help he was offering it would be a simple parting of the ways. The tragedy is many of them would be willing and many others would at least consider it.

    That doesn't make it right but it tells you something.....
    It sounds to me like a lot of those who knowingly and consensually took the horizontal route to stardom are now using this to rewirite history by talking tearfully of how they were 'abused' as opposed to having entered into a mutually-beneficial compact with their eyes (and legs) open.

    See Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie's 'confessions' for examples of this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •