Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
It sounds to me like a lot of those who knowingly and consensually took the horizontal route to stardom are now using this to rewirite history by talking tearfully of how they were 'abused' as opposed to having entered into a mutually-beneficial compact with their eyes (and legs) open.

See Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie's 'confessions' for examples of this.
One small part of a growing trend of modern women showing a preference for playing the victim over embracing the notion of accountability. One can accept that one 'did what it took to get to the top' or that one was a victim of a man abusing his power. Both are arguably true.

I am afraid I see this at work all the time. Scores of women ruthlessly and shamelessly forcing their way into management roles. Once there they demonstrate a thoroughly one-dimensional view of 'responsibility' ...they embrace the power but are seemingly incapable of accepting the fact that being responsible for something entails being accountable for it going wrong. THe minute is goes wrong the finger pointing starts, the blame shifting and, inevitably, the accusations of sexism/racism/take your pick.

Accountability is a thing of the past eplaced by the idea that by definition a victim can never be to blame.

Rant over