Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So it looks as though Hollywood is having its version of the Savile/Yewtree thing.

So it looks as though Hollywood is having its version of the Savile/Yewtree thing.

It all promises to be most amusing, particularly as impeccably liberal virtue-signalling types like Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are now being sucked into the thing and made to look very bad

All very silly, of course, but good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It all promises to be most amusing, particularly as impeccably liberal virtue-signalling types like Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are now being sucked into the thing and made to look very bad

All very silly, of course, but good fun.
    I just find it bizarre that no one thought to mention what he was up to until now. I suppose now their careers are secure.......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I just find it bizarre that no one thought to mention what he was up to until now. I suppose now their careers are secure.......
    I'm hearing there's two main reasons; the print media racket that used to protect him (in return for cash, preferment and so on) has now collapsed. Google and Facebook have taken its place and its advertising cash. Many reporters had the goods but he just bought them off, often in advance.

And secondly, that Weinstein himself was only the lesser of two elephants in the room, the principle one being, of course, President Clinton. And nobody was inclined to properly go after him, fearing the political consequences for his Frau. However, now the Clintons are finnish, Bill too could yet be for the high jump again after all.

All idle gossip, of course, naturally.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm hearing there's two main reasons; the print media racket that used to protect him (in return for cash, preferment and so on) has now collapsed. Google and Facebook have taken its place and its advertising cash. Many reporters had the goods but he just bought them off, often in advance.

And secondly, that Weinstein himself was only the lesser of two elephants in the room, the principle one being, of course, President Clinton. And nobody was inclined to properly go after him, fearing the political consequences for his Frau. However, now the Clintons are finnish, Bill too could yet be for the high jump again after all.

All idle gossip, of course, naturally.
    If they go after Bill isn't there another elephant in the room they might seek to implicate GETIN.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think my favourite thing is all these people saying 'It was an open secret!' in one breath while admitting they did absolutely nothing about it in another, not appearing to realise this makes them entirely complicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If they go after Bill isn't there another elephant in the room they might seek to implicate GETIN.jpg
    Why else do people think that men go to the bother of becoming wildly successful and powerful? In no small part, it's so they can screw women who'd never give them the time of day otherwise. To pretend shock at the transactional nature of this phenomenon is pretty silly.

Why else do people think that men go to the bother of becoming wildly successful and powerful? In no small part, it's so they can screw women who'd never give them the time of day otherwise. To pretend shock at the transactional nature of this phenomenon is pretty silly.
    Are you saying Melania isn't entranced by Donald's cuddly personality. Must say she looks rather saucy in that pic

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's like I said before, the Donald is essentially bulletproof on this; the voters have always been fully aware of what he's like and he's never stood on a family values platform. However, when Clinton was first elected, it was only the press that really knew about his .. off-field activities, not the public. And he continued his sleazy behaviour while in office, aided and abetted, as we now know, by much of that same press.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I think my favourite thing is all these people saying 'It was an open secret!' in one breath while admitting they did absolutely nothing about it in another, not appearing to realise this makes them entirely complicit.
    That's understandable, I think. I mean, if one of your colleagues saw you pleasuring your male boss for favours, would you want them blabbing about it, or would you wish to reserve the right to deal with the matter in your own way and in your own time.