Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have two chaps at home today doing some plastering and they appear to have

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm going to India, sadly. Visited my GP to ask about jabs and he said he would prescribe antibiotics for me to take in case I got a stomach bug. This surprised me.

Aren't stomach bugs caused by viruses and don't antibiotics have no impact at all on viruses?
    It's all psychosomatic. The hard of thinking go to India convinced they are going to get a stomach bug, and, hey presto! 8 hours later they're ****ting rusty bum gravy at high velocity.

Eat some yoghurt, go outside your hotel and eat street food with the locals and enjoy the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's all psychosomatic. The hard of thinking go to India convinced they are going to get a stomach bug, and, hey presto! 8 hours later they're ****ting rusty bum gravy at high velocity.

Eat some yoghurt, go outside your hotel and eat street food with the locals and enjoy the experience.
    When I went to Egypt as a kid we were warned not to eat or drink anything we bought locally. I said "screw that, I'm invincible" and ate some ice-cream with two other kids. All three of us became ill with the runs. In Guatemala after I bravely drank mosquito-infested water in the jungle I had dodgy insides for months.

THis is NOT going to end well

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    When I went to Egypt as a kid we were warned not to eat or drink anything we bought locally. I said "screw that, I'm invincible" and ate some ice-cream with two other kids. All three of us became ill with the runs. In Guatemala after I bravely drank mosquito-infested water in the jungle I had dodgy insides for months.
    Well, as in all things, ymmv, as I believe our colonial cousins have it. However, far better to live a day as a lion than a lifetime asa sheep, surely?

I once ate some dodgy meat on a stick in a market on the shore of Lake Victoria, which left me with crippling griping cramps for 18 months. But I never shít myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THis is NOT going to end well
    What could go wrong, p?

Imagine what one would miss out on if one travelled to the subcontinent and existed on room service club sandwiches...

Right. Agreed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well, as in all things, ymmv, as I believe our colonial cousins have it. However, far better to live a day as a lion than a lifetime asa sheep, surely?

I once ate some dodgy meat on a stick in a market on the shore of Lake Victoria, which left me with crippling griping cramps for 18 months. But I never shít myself.
    I quite enjoy the life of a sheep, tbh. A bit rainy but you get to wander around a bit and the scenery's not bad. Lions spent most of their time asleep, don't they? And the blokes don't even run around doing the hunting. Good roar though.

What could go wrong, p?

Imagine what one would miss out on if one travelled to the subcontinent and existed on room service club sandwiches...
    Well, from the description of colleagues that have been there before me; it appears I would miss out on abject poverty, appalling misogyny, traffic jams of unbelievable proportions and, as you pointed out, debilitating stomach issues which could run on for months thereby pretty much ruining my day to day existence.

I'll take the sheep's existence, thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well, from the description of colleagues that have been there before me; it appears I would miss out on abject poverty, appalling misogyny, traffic jams of unbelievable proportions and, as you pointed out, debilitating stomach issues which could run on for months thereby pretty much ruining my day to day existence.

I'll take the sheep's existence, thanks very much.
    Yes, that's all there is to India, yes.

You're not Irish, are you?

Yes, that's all there is to India, yes.

You're not Irish, are you?
    Here we go.

Casual racism from a mongrel bicycle thief.