Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So how did Wes get on with the evil head teach today?

So how did Wes get on with the evil head teach today?

Is he in detention too i wonder?
    Don't tell me I'm still on this feckin island!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Is he in detention too i wonder?
    All terribly civilized, other than the bit where she assured me my daughter was thick enough that she couldn't possibly miss a week of school even though I had made it clear that that was almost certainly going to happen.

In the end it amounted to nothing more than me assuring them she would spend the last week before she returned to school revising the work that she missed while she was out. It did get slightly uncomfortable when she told me that the teachers would make no special arrangements to help her with the material that was taught while she was absent:

WES: so you're telling me that if Miss WES doesn't understand something from that week and asks for help her teachers will tell her that she's out of luck because she was on holiday?
    Headmistress: No, of course they will help her
    WES: fine, so there's no issue then
    Headmistress: well, she really shouldn't be missing school and I can't assign teachers to specifically address issues that result because of that
    WES: I'm not asking you to
    Headmistress: oh well that's all fine then

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    All terribly civilized, other than the bit where she assured me my daughter was thick enough that she couldn't possibly miss a week of school even though I had made it clear that that was almost certainly going to happen.

In the end it amounted to nothing more than me assuring them she would spend the last week before she returned to school revising the work that she missed while she was out. It did get slightly uncomfortable when she told me that the teachers would make no special arrangements to help her with the material that was taught while she was absent:

WES: so you're telling me that if Miss WES doesn't understand something from that week and asks for help her teachers will tell her that she's out of luck because she was on holiday?
    Headmistress: No, of course they will help her
    WES: fine, so there's no issue then
    Headmistress: well, she really shouldn't be missing school and I can't assign teachers to specifically address issues that result because of that
    WES: I'm not asking you to
    Headmistress: oh well that's all fine then
    Fair play to her imo. It's your responsibility to see that your daughter catches up. If there's something she doesn't understand you can either help her yourself or hire some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fair play to her imo. It's your responsibility to see that your daughter catches up. If there's something she doesn't understand you can either help her yourself or hire some help.
    Well unless she needs help in her "spouting a load of old pompous tosh about food and politics" lesson she'll be out of luck Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, the whole point of fee-paying schools is it doesn't matter whether they catch up or not.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."