Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People caught up in terrorist attacks who whip out their phones to film it

People caught up in terrorist attacks who whip out their phones to film it

and are then described as "terrified" when their footage is used in subsequent news coverage...

Anyone who does such a thing is not "terrified". They are excited and thinking of how much attention it is going to get them on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    and are then described as "terrified" when their footage is used in subsequent news coverage...

Anyone who does such a thing is not "terrified". They are excited and thinking of how much attention it is going to get them on social media.
    Anyone who films a situation when they could have been helping is generally a ****... very occasionally filimg MIGHT help the Police, but as you say, generally it is because they are attention grabbing

Social media has a lot to answer for

Why do mobile phone video's shown on TV have those stupid end pannels on????
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The fact that they stayed to document the events whilst fearing for their life shows how brave they are.

I can genuinely say it's not something it would ever occur to me to do. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I can honestly say that in an emergency situation, the last thing I would think of doing is getting my phone out and filming it.

Modern life M innit.

Saddens me really. Do you remember the cock a few years ago who took a so called "selfie"* with a dude who to all intents and purposes was hijacking a plane.

He should have been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can genuinely say it's not something it would ever occur to me to do. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I can honestly say that in an emergency situation, the last thing I would think of doing is getting my phone out and filming it.
    I cant think of any situation where my initial response would be to film it. I am not sure I have ever bothered filming anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I cant think of any situation where my initial response would be to film it. I am not sure I have ever bothered filming anything.
    I bet you have filmed Springsteen at the live event.

You are the type.

In theory you need shot, but I don't wish this on you.

Your mum likes to film everything
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I bet you have filmed Springsteen at the live event.

You are the type.

In theory you need shot, but I don't wish this on you.
    Nope. I took a selfie with my mate but that was requested by another mate. Springsteen live is not a visual spectacle.

It's like dick pics imo. Apparently the yoot are forever sending pictures of their cocks to the opposite sex. To me this just seems bizarre and aberrant behaviour, but to many it's the norm.

I'm very glad I grew up before mobile phones.