Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: People caught up in terrorist attacks who whip out their phones to film it

You might need the help of tree fellers to lift and carry the deadweight
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It is the way of current discourse, I believe. Did you see Jacob R-M responding to a lefty telling him to 'fúck off and die'? 'If I do, would you pray for my immportal soul?'

The man is like a saint, p. He is fit to lace Lord Willie's boots, and there aren't many who are.
    Is he not confusing his tenses there a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I cant think of any situation where my initial response would be to film it. I am not sure I have ever bothered filming anything.
    Waterfalls. When I read what you said there it occured to me that possibly the only thing I have ever filmed are waterfalls. A couple this summer (Hadraw Force and Aira Force). Well, not so much summer as a endless series of raindrops of varying size and frequency.

Then about three years ago in a very wet december week, this time Sour Milk Gill at Seathwaite (the wettest place in England). And then several years before that in Watlendath.

That's the good thing about rainy days, you see. Go and have a look at waterfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm very glad I grew up before mobile phones.
    And I'm glad I grew up before the internet. Thankfully all the embarrasing b0llocks I came out with as a youngster is gone forever. Not that I haven't come out with some b0llocks since, of course. Most of us have, but it pales in comparison.

Now laws are being passed to allow people to get social media sites etc to remove awkward content of their behaviour as pre-adults.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I had a chap holding up his phone at the last gig I went to, right in front of me to the extent of becoming my sole focus. Now this wasn’t the one song, this was beginning to look like the fúcker was attempting to record the whole thing, or perhaps the first album as the gig was a live re-appraisal of the first two albums by the band.

I really don’t understand it.

Had to move in the end.
    Were you inclined to chin him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why do you feel the need to say these things, my son? Does it give you pleasure? Does the demon inside reward you with warm feelings when you utter these blasphemies? Does the torment stop for a moment?

For you I can prescribe two possible cures for your ailments:

1. An exorcism.
    2. Death.

Choose wisely.
    Your passionate defence of yer man there against all slights reminds me of Nicos defending The Arsenal, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Your passionate defence of yer man there against all slights reminds me of Nicos defending The Arsenal, my friend.
    Are you saying you know better than Mr Wenger, my friend?

Were you inclined to chin him?
    Yes actually now that you mention it.

Chap does not know how lucky he was.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes actually now that you mention it.

Chap does not know how lucky he was.
    Right. #BenStokes

Right. #BenStokes
    Er yes, pray for Ben?