Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Usmanov has told Stan to stick his 525 million apparently

So Usmanov has told Stan to stick his 525 million apparently

This is good , im led to believe?
    Don't tell me I'm still on this feckin island!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    I was very down on Stan but look at the LA Rams. Next we need a dynamic young coach with an aggressive offensively-minded philosophy. Goff and Gurley as a one-two punch!

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I was very down on Stan but look at the LA Rams. Next we need a dynamic young coach with an aggressive offensively-minded philosophy. Goff and Gurley as a one-two punch!
    What about the Rams..they will continue to be **** because you LA folks wont support them . Have you seen the crowds they are drawing? Have you seen how much Stan wants you to cough up just for the rights to buy a season ticket? It wont work . Never did in the past in Los Angeles . Why would it be any different now ? . You guys follow the Lakers and thats it because you have far more to do on a sunday afternoon than watch the ****ing Rams or Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    I'm with Arseblog on this one, they're both purely in it for themselves.

At least, for the minute, Kroenke gives the club stability. God knows what Usmanov will do with it and whilst it's a little tempting to see if he'd come in and spend silly money, I suspect that as it's his money he might actually be a little reticent to pay £100m + for these players.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

At least, for the minute, Kroenke gives the club stability. God knows what Usmanov will do with it and whilst it's a little tempting to see if he'd come in and spend silly money, I suspect that as it's his money he might actually be a little reticent to pay £100m + for these players.
    Dunno mate, 100m to him is relative chicken feed but he may get a metaphorical hard on (or a real one) from lording it at the top table of European football.

Oligarch wars as such.

Welcome Usmanov.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Arseblog also spoke of the dangers of Stan owning the club outright. I understand this enables him to do all sorts of awful things to us. I wouldn't understand all this, but it sounds bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Welcome Usmanov.
    Indeed. All hail the dodgy-backgrounded, Oligarch

The entire club needs a stiff broom through it
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

its funny because rewind to when Usmanov first appeared on the scene and you had full on hate towards him from fans and the various Arsenal media.

Now he's our saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    its funny because rewind to when Usmanov first appeared on the scene and you had full on hate towards him from fans and the various Arsenal media.

Now he's our saviour.
    He was a rapist back then ...now , more of the pervy uncle type .

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Now he's our saviour.
    Just a bit of PR for now imo. He's still open to selling, but Kroenke isn't. Unless someone likes the Rothschilds* family comes in with a very silly offer indeed then Stan is still The Man.

*They control half the money in the world, according to the internet.