Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be told off by my daughter's headmistress tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    and she's a right pompous cow.

Mrs WES ingeniously booked our holiday assuming Master WES and Miss WES had the same school holidays but they differ by one week. So we need to take Miss WES out of lower 6th for one week and this seems to be seen as something horrific by the aforementioned cow.

But at the end of the day I am the customer and as Miss WES is no longer legally obliged to attend school the cow hasn't a leg to stand on, right?

Can she not simply fall sick for that week? These things happen, after all.

Let me know if you need a note.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But from her point-of-view if she allows one pupil to take holiday during term then everyone else can do it too. Perhaps she wants to explain this to you prior to expelling your daughter.
    The rules are ludicrous, though. They unfairly punish decent parents who would never allow their kids to actually truant in any real sense for the sins of crappy parents who simply don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The rules are ludicrous, though. They unfairly punish decent parents who would never allow their kids to actually truant in any real sense for the sins of crappy parents who simply don't care.
    Our schools have basically decided that if you have a better than 90% attendance then can have a week off without being reported.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The fault is on your side and you should cancel your holiday.
    or just pay the £60 fine ?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    or just pay the £60 fine ?
    I take both of mine out every year in June.

Nobody gives a fúck.

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can she not simply fall sick for that week? These things happen, after all.

Let me know if you need a note.
    In hindsight, this is what we should have done.

She's been at the school since she was 6 and has never had an absenteeism like this.

I plan on occupying the moral high ground.

But from her point-of-view if she allows one pupil to take holiday during term then everyone else can do it too. Perhaps she wants to explain this to you prior to expelling your daughter.
    And lose out on 5 terms worth of school fees?

Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And lose out on 5 terms worth of school fees?

Yeah right.
    I thought Private schools didn't really give a toss, BiL has take his kids out of school in June as that's his time off.
    We are also set to argue with state school that my wife gets no time off in August and so we have to take the elder one out of school in July......plus she'll be 6 FFS, I don't think missing 2 weeks of school at that age will make the slightest sodding difference

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I thought Private schools didn't really give a toss, BiL has take his kids out of school in June as that's his time off.
    We are also set to argue with state school that my wife gets no time off in August and so we have to take the elder one out of school in July......plus she'll be 6 FFS, I don't think missing 2 weeks of school at that age will make the slightest sodding difference
    School in July?

What sort of crazy system do you Brits have?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    School in July?

What sort of crazy system do you Brits have?
    An education system. I accept this must seem odd to you.