Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be told off by my daughter's headmistress tomorrow

I'm going to be told off by my daughter's headmistress tomorrow

and she's a right pompous cow.

Mrs WES ingeniously booked our holiday assuming Master WES and Miss WES had the same school holidays but they differ by one week. So we need to take Miss WES out of lower 6th for one week and this seems to be seen as something horrific by the aforementioned cow.

But at the end of the day I am the customer and as Miss WES is no longer legally obliged to attend school the cow hasn't a leg to stand on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Mrs WES ingeniously booked our holiday assuming Master WES and Miss WES had the same school holidays but they differ by one week. So we need to take Miss WES out of lower 6th for one week and this seems to be seen as something horrific by the aforementioned cow.

But at the end of the day I am the customer and as Miss WES is no longer legally obliged to attend school the cow hasn't a leg to stand on, right?

Is it for 5 days? If they miss less than 9 sessions (2 each day) then they can't do anything.

I don't understand why schools in the same county end up having different holidays, don't get me started on inset days :rage:
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Is she not (legally perhaps not) obliged to attend school until the time when she officially leaves?

You know what to do here anyway. Go in, be rude. it's only a few days, it's only lower 6th etc.

rant
    The fault is on your side and you should cancel your holiday.

My understanding is that children in the UK are only legally obliged to attend school until 16 so A level attendance is a matter between the parents and the school.

And as I pay the fees, I'm the customer, so I'm calling the shots.

Not exactly how I plan on playing it but not far off.

Absenteeism can seriously affect a school's Ofsted rating - that's why schools get arsey about parents taking kids out in term time.

My understanding is that children in the UK are only legally obliged to attend school until 16 so A level attendance is a matter between the parents and the school.

And as I pay the fees, I'm the customer, so I'm calling the shots.

Not exactly how I plan on playing it but not far off.
    Wait, it's a private school???? In that case how can she moan as they have your money already..... and anyway, after your daughter is shagged by a loacal waiter and ends up pregnant she will end up leaving early anyway
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The fault is on your side and you should cancel your holiday.
    *******s to that. The option to move the holiday to coincide with both the children's holidays was going to cost me 2.5K and I refuse to do that, let alone lose the entire cost.

What I don't understand is why she wants to see us. What can she possibly plan on saying? She's already told us she can't authorize it. I'm hoping she said that because she has to and plans on being conciliatory in person.

*******s to that. The option to move the holiday to coincide with both the children's holidays was going to cost me 2.5K and I refuse to do that, let alone lose the entire cost.

What I don't understand is why she wants to see us. What can she possibly plan on saying? She's already told us she can't authorize it. I'm hoping she said that because she has to and plans on being conciliatory in person.
    Doesn't want to put anything in writing - shrood

Either that or she has got Flash Harry to enlist some of his ne'erdowell mates to cut you off outside the school and give you a good hiding. 1466-2.jpg

But from her point-of-view if she allows one pupil to take holiday during term then everyone else can do it too. Perhaps she wants to explain this to you prior to expelling your daughter.