Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Tom Petty gone

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Huh??? Wddododod?
    She's an enthusiastic supporter of the rights of elderly sweaty men to interfere with kiddies.

Lovely lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Google Harriet Harman and PIE
    Oh dear....

She once told me to 'get out of the ****ing way'. I didn't get out of the ****ing way.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    She's an enthusiastic supporter of the rights of elderly sweaty men to interfere with kiddies.

Lovely lady.
    Without question, one of the least popular people in Westminster, and for very good reason. A right arsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, another that ranks alongside the worst he has ever recorded. In Working on the Highway he is actually arrested for what I assume is statutory rape.

As I dont believe he has ever personally fallen foul of this particular law, the song is not only dreadful and inappropriate, it also make him a bit of a fake. Claiming to be a ***** when he isn't. Typical!

Then we have the sexual predator in I'm On Fire, enquiringly as to whether the little girl's daddy is home. Its just all kinds of wrong.....
    Oh god, this is ridiculous. The protagonists in each of these songs is probably like 18 or 19, and it's the Boss Man or else tyrannical patriarch who wants to put a clamp on it. Statutory rape comes into play if it's a grossly dissimilar age. What we are talking about, O man of the people, is a situation where some worker bloke can't make anything happen to change his life. He thinks, perhaps foolishly, that some little hottie is going to improve his lot or else validate his self-image. Poignant and mistaken but not grounds for disapproval.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Oh god, this is ridiculous. The protagonists in each of these songs is probably like 18 or 19, and it's the Boss Man or else tyrannical patriarch who wants to put a clamp on it. Statutory rape comes into play if it's a grossly dissimilar age. What we are talking about, O man of the people, is a situation where some worker bloke can't make anything happen to change his life. He thinks, perhaps foolishly, that some little hottie is going to improve his lot or else validate his self-image. Poignant and mistaken but not grounds for disapproval.
    Nah, he's a *****

One song you could get away with. Three on the same album is practically a *****'s charter. A manifesto, almost.

Anyway, the songs are ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ... he wasn't really a pirate?
    Wasn't he?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Wasn't he?
    He had two drummers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The current live ensemble for a very well-known and widely respected musical artist includes two drummers though one focuses more on percussion instruments other than drums as you and I would know them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The current live ensemble for a very well-known and widely respected musical artist includes two drummers though one focuses more on percussion instruments other than drums as you and I would know them.
    That'd be Snowboy, I suppose?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Exactly. And if that isn't pirate behaviour, I'm sure I don't know what is.