Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So - as with every other bloody mass shooting - are we now going to have to watch the

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I remember in my younger days back in Baltimore you could buy an M-16 assault rifle out of the back of a comic book for $169. It would arrive in the mail.
    Fantastic. I’d have been well up for that. Always envied your access to firearms (while also acknowledging that it has its downsides).

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If there were an election tommorow, you’d vote for a Labour Party led by Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott with Momentum as their attack dogs.

Given that fact, it’s hard to see how you can be described as anything else, p.
    I wasnt complaining. I just said Jorge would have found it funny.

I care little for your labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I wasnt complaining. I just said Jorge would have found it funny.

I care little for your labels.
    I'm wondering what Jorge with his hipsterish pro-Catalan pose is making of current events? After all, he's got a hard-on for Catalonia, but is on record as deploring people having referendums to determine how and by whom they are governed. Hard to square that circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Have they blamed Russia yet?
    No, but those cheeky scamps at ISIS have claimed responsibility.

Little beggars they are. They'd claim responsibility for a car backfiring that lot.

I'm wondering what Jorge with his hipsterish pro-Catalan pose is making of current events? After all, he's got a hard-on for Catalonia, but is on record as deploring people having referendums to determine how and by whom they are governed. Hard to square that circle.

He might focus on the violence handed out by the police to peaceful protesters. It wasnt pretty.......

None of us like referenda. The worst way to measure the public mood is to ask them a direct question. You might get a direct answer.

He might focus on the violence handed out by the police to peaceful protesters. It wasnt pretty.......

None of us like referenda. The worst way to measure the public mood is to ask them a direct question. You might get a direct answer.
    They're a weapon of last resort and often a blunt one, certainly. However, they do fulfil a democratic need sometimes.

I am going to kill you, if that is what you mean.
    Yes, you could hang me from a bridge - next to the current foreign secretary, perhaps #kindergentlerpolitics

They're a weapon of last resort and often a blunt one, certainly. However, they do fulfil a democratic need sometimes.
    To ask fundamental questions about the nature of our democracy and constitution?

See, if you have a written constitution then judges do all this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, you could hang me from a bridge - next to the current foreign secretary, perhaps #kindergentlerpolitics
    You'd love that, wouldn't you.

I was planning to just shoot you in the head and leave you on the pavement outside KFC.

To ask fundamental questions about the nature of our democracy and constitution?

See, if you have a written constitution then judges do all this for you.
    Ah, yes. Deliberations by unelected judges deciding our fate. Lovely. Besides, as the Catalans are discovering, written constitutions can also be used as a straitjacket.

No, better to have the thing out at the polls.