Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So - as with every other bloody mass shooting - are we now going to have to watch the

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I made the proper KFC again at the weekend. It is a truly magnificent thing.
    I am homo alone tonight. I could go to 'Huckleberry Chicken'. They deliver in Smart Cars. Or I could get a kebab. Or I could cook something decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've always been puzzled by Chicken Cottage. Why a cottage? Why the rural imagery for a chain that is almost exclusively to be found in the shīttier bits of South London. Why not a Chicken House, a Chicken Flat or a Chicken Semi?
    The image of the roaming, rural chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The image of the roaming, rural chicken.
    I somehow doubt that the chickens who end up gracing the Cottage have ever roamed much.

I am homo alone tonight. I could go to 'Huckleberry Chicken'. They deliver in Smart Cars. Or I could get a kebab. Or I could cook something decent.
    You know that the correct choice is the kebab. A large mixed.

In the morning you may stare at the grease congealed on the remains and indulge in some self-disgust, but for this evening, enjoy.

Well the harsh truth is that there is really naff all they can do to change the reality on the ground, which is that there are 300 million firearms in circulation in the United States and they're virtually untraceable. Are you going to take them back? If you do, only the law-abiding will give them to you, which means you have all the guns in the hands of the criminals and none in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Yes, you can ban dum-dums or semi-automatic weapons, but what about all the ones that are already out there? You can't do anything about them.

If I were American (which the good lord forbid), I would most certainly own guns. I would get trained in their use and keep them somewhere safe, but certainly I would feel safer with one.
    Are you daft Burney? ..the dems say its totally within reason to get all 300 million weapons back via buyback programs e.t.c

Of course though , rounding up 12 million illegals is beyond impossible

If I were American I would buy one and shoot myself in the head.
    I'll say one thing for this Las Vegas shooter, he's broken the record and then, rather than carrying on selfishly, topped himself. Thus he's brought matters to a close and left the field open for others to come after his record. Sporting of him, really.

I somehow doubt that the chickens who end up gracing the Cottage have ever roamed much.
    Chicken Council Estate doesnt sound very appealing.

Chicken Council Estate doesnt sound very appealing.
    Neither do 'Chicken Shack' or 'Pizza Hut', tbh. While 'International House of Pancakes' is just weird (particularly as it's not international), but they do OK.

Neither do 'Chicken Shack' or 'Pizza Hut', tbh. While 'International House of Pancakes' is just weird (particularly as it's not international), but they do OK.
    True. One wouldn't normally think of a hut as an ideal place to consume pizza. And as it turns out, it isn't.