Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone inconvenienced by Ryanair cancellations or Monarch bankruptcy...

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    No, Tui (the airline formerly known as Thomson). One company that stands to benefit considerably from the demise of Monarch.
    It's a shame though, we extended our summer holiday and flew back with Monarch instead of Ryanair, and the whole experience was considerably more pleasurable.
    Ah, good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Serves you right, you tight ****. Next time you'll know to book with a proper airline, won't you?
    I use Ryanair on the occasions I visit your so called United Kingdom. For this I find them perfectly fit for purpose.

Your rude approach a) has been noted and b) is of little surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I use Ryanair on the occasions I visit your so called United Kingdom. For this I find them perfectly fit for purpose.

He does seem to have turned into an Angry old man..... must be that the Doctor has told him he is about to snuff it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He does seem to have turned into an Angry old man..... must be that the Doctor has told him he is about to snuff it
    Indeed, he is no more than a common Dutch / Irish mongrel, and a racist bully. He may swan around with his omelette baveuse and his pomegranate cous cous like some nouveau resident of Islington but I can see right through the mask.

They are a good option for the self-reliant chap who simply needs an a to b service and is willing to take responsibility for everything else (getting to the airport on time, getting to the gate, not being a useless **** etc).

You get virtually zero in terms of customer service but then you are paying next to **** all. I dont like these arseholess that turn up and start whining about signage, queue arrangements, service on board etc etc.....

You also have to factor in the possibility that you might get shafted. Its a gamble worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They are a good option for the self-reliant chap who simply needs an a to b service and is willing to take responsibility for everything else (getting to the airport on time, getting to the gate, not being a useless **** etc).

You get virtually zero in terms of customer service but then you are paying next to **** all. I dont like these arseholess that turn up and start whining about signage, queue arrangements, service on board etc etc.....

You also have to factor in the possibility that you might get shafted. Its a gamble worth taking.
    People who are among the last to the gate with big flight cases masquerading as hand luggage who then complain that their bag has to go in the hold are the ones who get me. It's not a fücking tardis, pal. You know there's only so much space and if it matters to you so much to have your bag with you when you get off, why not get in the fücking queue earlier?

In respect of customer service I don't actually speak to any of the staff so that is not relevant.

Your other points are noted.

€40 return, less than the taxi fare from where I live to Dublin Airport. Bang on. I don't like O'Leary but then I don't want him to be my mate. Once this current brouhaha has calmed down then everybody will flock back to them.

In respect of customer service I don't actually speak to any of the staff so that is not relevant.

Your other points are noted.

€40 return, less than the taxi fare from where I live to Dublin Airport. Bang on. I don't like O'Leary but then I don't want him to be my mate. Once this current brouhaha has calmed down then everybody will flock back to them.
    Precisely. I dont speak to anyone and have no need to do so. I can last for an hour on board without eating so no issues there. I am able to use a computer to check in and pick a seat, no issue there. Have never once been late for a flight, no problems there.

I expect very little in terms of customer service and 'support' so they are, to me, no different from other airlines. I accept if I get myself into a problem they are not going to help. No problem with that, other airlines dont actually help, they just make sympathetic noises.

You get what you pay for. It just irritates me that people think you can pay a fifth of what the others charge and expect the same niceties.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    People who are among the last to the gate with big flight cases masquerading as hand luggage who then complain that their bag has to go in the hold are the ones who get me. It's not a fücking tardis, pal. You know there's only so much space and if it matters to you so much to have your bag with you when you get off, why not get in the fücking queue earlier?
    Yep, just ****s trying it on. It amazes me that people seem to bring so much ****ing stuff with them.

Precisely. I dont speak to anyone and have no need to do so. I can last for an hour on board without eating so no issues there. I am able to use a computer to check in and pick a seat, no issue there. Have never once been late for a flight, no problems there.

I expect very little in terms of customer service and 'support' so they are, to me, no different from other airlines. I accept if I get myself into a problem they are not going to help. No problem with that, other airlines dont actually help, they just make sympathetic noises.

You get what you pay for. It just irritates me that people think you can pay a fifth of what the others charge and expect the same niceties.
    The only thing I would say about Ryanair is that they must have shoved in an extra row of seats, because the legroom is non-existent - even compared to EasyJet. Also, the seats themselves are unbelievably uncomfortable.

Essentially, they do seem to go out of their way to make the business of flying as unpleasant as humanly possible.