Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone inconvenienced by Ryanair cancellations or Monarch bankruptcy...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I wonder what happens with all of their aircraft now? Would seem like a good time to be in the market for an Airbus A320/Boeing 757.
    They'll all be owned a leasing company. Airlines simply don't own aircraft any more.

They have a bunch of 320s and 321s which were due to be returned in the next couple of years as their new 737s were delivered, so your best deal is likely to be with Boeing, who now have a minor gap in their order book.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Apparently, people keep angrily tweeting at Monarch Airlines. This despite the fact that it literally just ceased trading, no longer has any staff and now only exists as a name and a collection of assets.

People really aren't terribly bright.
    and it's been very clear that they were in trouble for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    People with flights that had heard of the cancellations have still be turning up at the airport. You really couldn't make it up.

Wait - Mrs P doesn't work for them, does she?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait - Mrs P doesn't work for them, does she?
    No, Tui (the airline formerly known as Thomson). One company that stands to benefit considerably from the demise of Monarch.
    It's a shame though, we extended our summer holiday and flew back with Monarch instead of Ryanair, and the whole experience was considerably more pleasurable.

No, Tui (the airline formerly known as Thomson). One company that stands to benefit considerably from the demise of Monarch.
    It's a shame though, we extended our summer holiday and flew back with Monarch instead of Ryanair, and the whole experience was considerably more pleasurable.
    Ah, good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Serves you right, you tight ****. Next time you'll know to book with a proper airline, won't you?
    I use Ryanair on the occasions I visit your so called United Kingdom. For this I find them perfectly fit for purpose.

Your rude approach a) has been noted and b) is of little surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I use Ryanair on the occasions I visit your so called United Kingdom. For this I find them perfectly fit for purpose.

He does seem to have turned into an Angry old man..... must be that the Doctor has told him he is about to snuff it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He does seem to have turned into an Angry old man..... must be that the Doctor has told him he is about to snuff it
    Indeed, he is no more than a common Dutch / Irish mongrel, and a racist bully. He may swan around with his omelette baveuse and his pomegranate cous cous like some nouveau resident of Islington but I can see right through the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

They are a good option for the self-reliant chap who simply needs an a to b service and is willing to take responsibility for everything else (getting to the airport on time, getting to the gate, not being a useless **** etc).

You get virtually zero in terms of customer service but then you are paying next to **** all. I dont like these arseholess that turn up and start whining about signage, queue arrangements, service on board etc etc.....

You also have to factor in the possibility that you might get shafted. Its a gamble worth taking.