Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone inconvenienced by Ryanair cancellations or Monarch bankruptcy...

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The only thing I would say about Ryanair is that they must have shoved in an extra row of seats, because the legroom is non-existent - even compared to EasyJet. Also, the seats themselves are unbelievably uncomfortable.

Essentially, they do seem to go out of their way to make the business of flying as unpleasant as humanly possible.

I flew to Dublin with them last year. A month or two later I flew to Malaysia with BA- the legroom was worse on the brand new BA plane for a 13 hour flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I flew to Dublin with them last year. A month or two later I flew to Malaysia with BA- the legroom was worse on the brand new BA plane for a 13 hour flight.
    Was the trip to Malaysia for pleasure, I assume? Thoughts?

It's fairly high on my list of places to visit in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Was the trip to Malaysia for pleasure, I assume? Thoughts?

It's fairly high on my list of places to visit in 2018.
    Work. I have been there about 30 times in the last 15 years or so.

Its not amazing. The food is fantastic but I wouldn't have said it is a particularly interesting place to visit. Penang is, but a bit out of the way and rather remote unless you are interested in the history of the empire. Singapore is probably more interesting but hugely sanitised and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Work. I have been there about 30 times in the last 15 years or so.

Its not amazing. The food is fantastic but I wouldn't have said it is a particularly interesting place to visit. Penang is, but a bit out of the way and rather remote unless you are interested in the history of the empire. Singapore is probably more interesting but hugely sanitised and expensive.
    You realise, of course, the The Datai has closed for 9 months for a full refurb?

That's me back to Langkawi next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You realise, of course, the The Datai has closed for 9 months for a full refurb?

That's me back to Langkawi next year.
    Never been there. Nor Malacca. I must try that next time if I get a spare day.