Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if those Krazy Katalans go ahead and declare independence, as threatened,

So if those Krazy Katalans go ahead and declare independence, as threatened,

and the Spanish government refuses to accept such a declaration, one assumes that the autonomous government will be legally suspended and the Spanish state government will take over the region. It's a recipe for armed insurrection.

That'll give Mr Juncker something to take his mind off perfidious Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    and the Spanish government refuses to accept such a declaration, one assumes that the autonomous government will be legally suspended and the Spanish state government will take over the region. It's a recipe for armed insurrection.

That'll give Mr Juncker something to take his mind off perfidious Albion.
    It does seem hard to see a way out of the corners into which the two sides have boxed themselves. Presumably, the leaders of Catalonia will have to be jailed for treason. After all, what is illegal secession but treason? But then what if the Catalans go on mass strike or mass civil disobedience? After all, it's about the only part of Spain in which, were people to stop working, anyone would notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It does seem hard to see a way out of the corners into which the two sides have boxed themselves. Presumably, the leaders of Catalonia will have to be jailed for treason. After all, what is illegal secession but treason? But then what if the Catalans go on mass strike or mass civil disobedience? After all, it's about the only part of Spain in which, were people to stop working, anyone would notice the difference.
    Do they have an armed seperatist wing The CRA, perhaps? They seem to have a police and fire service loyal to the cause.

The last time they had a civil war in Spain it spawned some decent books, anyway.

The last time they had a civil war in Spain it spawned some decent books, anyway.
    Well, reducing the Spanish population in the World wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Frightful, boorish, lazy cnuts to a man, I find.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Do they have an armed seperatist wing The CRA, perhaps? They seem to have a police and fire service loyal to the cause.

I'm sure someone can smuggle them in a few guns if need be.

I'm not terribly keen on the idea of Western Europe Balkanising into a group of early modern statelets, but at the same time, the EU absolutely hates it, so it can't be all bad.

Also, given their behaviour vis-a-vis Gibraltar, I think the Spanish government is lucky we aren't wading in there recognising Catalonia's statehood just for shíts and giggles. I'd be tempted, I must say.

Oh, I do hope there isn't poetry like there was last time. That was very tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, reducing the Spanish population in the World wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Decent grub and wine, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Wash your mouth out i! Consider Alvaro, the Finest Human Being On God's Earth (to give him his full title.)

Alvaro

Decent grub and wine, mind.
    agreed...the women make it all
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Wash your mouth out i! Consider Alvaro, the Finest Human Being On God's Earth (to give him his full title.)

Alvaro
    I miss Alvaro. He was too nice for us. The only time I ever knew him get cross was during a discussion about Sir Francis Drake.

I miss Alvaro. He was too nice for us. The only time I ever knew him get cross was during a discussion about Sir Francis Drake.
    He was a true gentleman. And furthermore, he could drink like an English gentleman.