Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Highly irritating yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was lovely. The weather was fine, just one day of rain. The house was delightful, walking excellent, scenery outstanding, locals friendly...
    Glad to hear it Not as good as the lakes though, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I did not see the game as I was at Dublin Zoo
    Were there tigers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Were there tigers?

Amur, big ****ers.

Does anyone have a theory which might explain why, having gone 2-0 up, we decided to play the remaining 30 minutes at a walking pace? Brighton we there to be buried, and an extra 2 goals might, just might, make a difference at the end of the season.
    Highly professional, imo; only interested in winning the game, rather than "making statements of intent" and whatnot.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    With a few exceptions where we've absolutely torn people apart, we've always been a bit that way. One wonders whether AW's obsession with players being leetle beet short feesically means he instructs them to take their foot off the gas when he sees the game as won?
    Something like that, I think. As professionals, the next game always looms large in their collective conscience. They don't need to be told this.

It was a regular topic of discussion during the recent test match Summer; why it seemed teams nowadays struggled to chase down even modest first innings deficits (one or two statistics were even offered up as evidence). Personally though, I reckon it's simply because a pro quickly recognises a lost cause when he sees one (and then moves on), in a way that an amateur does not, or anyway, cares not to.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think it's a bit before six months, isn't it? Always best to do it early as poss imo. Before the poor chap starts to get too attached to them.
    You don't just do it for fun though. Only if there's a a threat of cancer (within the line) or something like that. Vets always advise it though, as it's a good, regular money-maker for them.

As B suggests, conserving energy? Fair enough.

But if that lad's near post header had gone in with 5 minutes remaining we'd all have been shítting ourselves
    True, but so long as that header doesn't go in, and we all sincerely hope it doesn't, then it's all cool.

One article I saw spoke of the Manchester clubs' incredible, almost unprecedented aggregate goals tally at the moment and what's caused it. I'm guessing it's simply that the cannon fodder they've played understand very well that these are not season-defining games for them and they'd be better off saving themselves for matches that are.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    True, but so long as that header doesn't go in, and we all sincerely hope it doesn't, then it's all cool.

One article I saw spoke of the Manchester clubs' incredible, almost unprecedented aggregate goals tally at the moment and what's caused it. I'm guessing it's simply that the cannon fodder they've played understand very well that these are not season-defining games for them and they'd be better off saving themselves for matches that are.
    The old "roll-over syndrome", eh?

Yes, I expect we'll roll over at OT again, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Glad to hear it Not as good as the lakes though, eh?
    The family WES has decided to spend three days in the Lakes this very Dec (27-29 so that you might adjust your schedule accordingly had you planned on going).

Happy to receive any suggested walks for that time of year. Ideally they would be a little bit challenging but not murderous given the two junior WESs will be with me. And of course, they should end next to a pub.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The family WES has decided to spend three days in the Lakes this very Dec (27-29 so that you might adjust your schedule accordingly had you planned on going).

Happy to receive any suggested walks for that time of year. Ideally they would be a little bit challenging but not murderous given the two junior WESs will be with me. And of course, they should end next to a pub.

Cheers.
    It's ok, I'm going a couple of weeks before that, but thanks for the warning. Where are you staying?