Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Highly irritating yesterday.

Highly irritating yesterday.

Does anyone have a theory which might explain why, having gone 2-0 up, we decided to play the remaining 30 minutes at a walking pace? Brighton we there to be buried, and an extra 2 goals might, just might, make a difference at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Does anyone have a theory which might explain why, having gone 2-0 up, we decided to play the remaining 30 minutes at a walking pace? Brighton we there to be buried, and an extra 2 goals might, just might, make a difference at the end of the season.
    I was thinking that, City would have gone for it and won by 5 or 6

I did not see the game as I was at Dublin Zoo but I believe the tactical substitutions effectively killed our game.

You know who made them don’t you?

Wenger OUT!

With a few exceptions where we've absolutely torn people apart, we've always been a bit that way. One wonders whether AW's obsession with players being leetle beet short feesically means he instructs them to take their foot off the gas when he sees the game as won?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I did not see the game as I was at Dublin Zoo but I believe the tactical substitutions effectively killed our game.

You know who made them don’t you?

Wenger OUT!
    Quite - I mean bringing on two players who have scored 207 goals for the club is definitely a silly move. I would stick to the zoo, mate. You are sounding like WES

It's a marathon not a sprint, dear boy. How many time have City started the season like this only to fade quickly. Playing the long game

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's a marathon not a sprint, dear boy. How many time have City started the season like this only to fade quickly. Playing the long game
    As B suggests, conserving energy? Fair enough.

But if that lad's near post header had gone in with 5 minutes remaining we'd all have been shítting ourselves

As B suggests, conserving energy? Fair enough.

But if that lad's near post header had gone in with 5 minutes remaining we'd all have been shítting ourselves
    I thought it had - wasn't happy at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Quite - I mean bringing on two players who have scored 207 goals for the club is definitely a silly move. I would stick to the zoo, mate. You are sounding like WES
    Leave it, leave it now. We've all had a drink, (well you two have) so let's just calm it down, right?

Leave it, leave it now. We've all had a drink, (well you two have) so let's just calm it down, right?
    How was Wales, anyway? Was the weather wild and wooly?