Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Went along to a PTA meeting at my son's new school (he's just joined the nursery)

Went along to a PTA meeting at my son's new school (he's just joined the nursery)

this morning.

I'm sad to report that gender inequality is alive and well in leafy Highgate. Wall to wall fanny, and one solitary man who "does the barbecues".

Oh, and me

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    this morning.

I'm sad to report that gender inequality is alive and well in leafy Highgate. Wall to wall fanny, and one solitary man who "does the barbecues".

Oh, and me
    I should imagine that most of the real men have proper jobs
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well, obviously. Which is why gender inequality continues to be a stain on our civilisation.

Well, obviously. Which is why gender inequality continues to be a stain on our civilisation.
    So if he does the barbecues, what are you going to do?

You could try some mansplaining.

this morning.

Oh, and me
    'Does the barbecues'? Sounds like one to keep a close eye on

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So if he does the barbecues, what are you going to do?

You could try some mansplaining.
    I got shoved towards him by his wife with the words "go and grunt together in the corner" (I kid you not).

Sickening sexism.

I got shoved towards him by his wife with the words "go and grunt together in the corner" (I kid you not).

Sickening sexism.
    Its just the way the world is. I wouldn't object to women running the world if a) they weren't so ****ing useless at everything and b) they weren't so ****ing objectionable about everything all the time.

Is the bloke ok? Worth going for a beer with?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its just the way the world is. I wouldn't object to women running the world if a) they weren't so ****ing useless at everything and b) they weren't so ****ing objectionable about everything all the time.

Is the bloke ok? Worth going for a beer with?
    I would imagine the bloke took one look at M and clocked him as a 2 pints and home type.

this morning.

Oh, and me
    Ugh! How tragic. 'Doing barbecues' is clearly the only way the poor man can cling on to some vestige of masculinity, since his wife has clearly emasculated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Either that or enough money stashed away to avoid having to attend PTA meetings
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."