Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excellent. Seems the media has decided it's going to pretend to be morally outraged

Excellent. Seems the media has decided it's going to pretend to be morally outraged

by Ben Stokes doing an impression of Harvey Price.

http://news.sky.com/story/video-emer...arvey-11058367

There is absolutely no way he's going to Australia, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Presumably this was known about before the caper the other night. I expect they have dirt on everybody waiting for the right moment to cash in on it.

I would argue his impression of her is more offensive. I would also argue that he isn't taking the piss out of the kid's disability, more the fact that he said **** on telly which, of course, is pretty funny.

So now we will have a stream of arseholes parading up and down about values and deploring the lad for a joke made in a pub. He needs to wheel out these benders that he was defending in the brawl so he can claim knock for knock with the equality police.

No, he isn't going to Australia. We are utterly, utterly ****ed (we possibly were anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Presumably this was known about before the caper the other night. I expect they have dirt on everybody waiting for the right moment to cash in on it.
    This seems to have been taken by one of his mates. It should never have seen the light of day. Someone close to him has stitched him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    This seems to have been taken by one of his mates. It should never have seen the light of day. Someone close to him has stitched him up.
    I'm guessing his mate took it and then shared it with others, so it needn't necessarily be anyone close to him.

I'm guessing his mate took it and then shared it with others, so it needn't necessarily be anyone close to him.
    Well he has shown that he is as thick as pig ****, he has previous and doesn't seem to learn... so *******s to him, he won't go to Oz and he has probably helped **** up his future career
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well he has shown that he is as thick as pig ****, he has previous and doesn't seem to learn... so *******s to him, he won't go to Oz and he has probably helped **** up his future career
    He has previous for what? Being a young man with a taste for drink and misbehaviour? I don't remember being a saint in my 20s, either, to be honest.

I think there's more than a hint of sanctimony about here.

He has previous for what? Being a young man with a taste for drink and misbehaviour? I don't remember being a saint in my 20s, either, to be honest.

I think there's more than a hint of sanctimony about here.
    As a high profile sportsman he has to behave in a way that normal blokes don't, that will have been told to him over and over by management and some of the "experts" now employed by national teams. So basically it is his own fault and he deserves all he gets

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    As a high profile sportsman he has to behave in a way that normal blokes don't, that will have been told to him over and over by management and some of the "experts" now employed by national teams. So basically it is his own fault and he deserves all he gets
    But he only 'has' to behave like that in order to avoid sanctimonious, hypocritical finger-wagging of exactly the type you're currently indulging in.

But he only 'has' to behave like that in order to avoid sanctimonious, hypocritical finger-wagging of exactly the type you're currently indulging in.
    As SW says, if he was a foootballer he would be given even more grief than he has so far.

Do you think he should be allowed to go on the Ashes tour after this?

So you think knocking some bloke out while he was backing away is "normal" behaviour???

If it wasn't an England player and we were about to play the Ashes you wouldn't be getting your knickers in a twist