Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Excellent. Seems the media has decided it's going to pretend to be morally outraged

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Playing to the base works in times of trouble. It doesnt get you elected. Apart from with Trump, where it did.

I think the point is that he hasn't actually done any of the things he said he would- the things that got him elected. This might explain the lowest approval rating in history more than his rather oafish behaviour.

Build a wall and brings some heavy industry jobs back. If he does that, he can say what he likes.

I wasnt calling you an ignorant arsehole. I have no idea what you mean half the time so I couldn't possibly think you were ignorant
    After the last two and a half years, you still think the Donald was elected for his policies?

In a word; lol.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    After the last two and a half years, you still think the Donald was elected for his policies?

In a word; lol.
    You dont think it was a factor in winning Pennsylvania, Ohio? Lol indeed. If you can call empty promises and vague ideas 'policies'

You dont think it was a factor in winning Pennsylvania, Ohio? Lol indeed. If you can call empty promises and vague ideas 'policies'
    I suggest you refrain from making assumptions upon which you have no intel or knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I suggest you refrain from making assumptions upon which you have no intel or knowledge!
    Shut it, Dotard!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, they only forfeit, or risk, future earnings, not their livelihoods. Same as anybody else.

Whether you anchor the batting for England or you're a transgender who wants to join the CAG, representing your country is a privilege, and not a right. Thousands of people are rejected or overlooked for their preferred role all the time, and for many different reasons.
    Oh come, now, we all know that public morality is an elastic thing. Look at Floyd Mayweather. A convicted wife beater, and the people love him. Well, love is perhaps too strong; but they let him slide. Boys will be boys, and hopefully the girls are not savage femonazis trying to embarrass and disrespect them.

Yes. I think the trouble here is you're looking at the thing from the point of view of somebody who is actually interested, engaged, in the political process. This puts you at odds with the overwhelming majority of voters, especially as and when you insist upon depicting smart people, such as yourselves, as representative of the demographic group to which they happen to belong. We've already seen that the Donald has proved able to cut through that (basically, he is poll-proof), and he's just done it again over this NFL kerfuffle.

If you insist though; do you really think those states imagine they would have been better off under Hillary? After all, both of them are jumping with "Deplorables", aren't they, and their nasty, dirty coal mines and steel mills. Why are the Donald's empty promises and vague ideas any worse than his opponent's, especially as he's not even a so called "real" politician?

Most importantly though, he speaks proudly and lovingly to America in exactly the way your sort is terribly, acutely, embarrassed to do. So far that's proved to be enough*; who's to say it won't be again.

*Though if anyone's actually bothered to check, his legislative performance so far has actually been fairly solid and substantial, albeit not spectacular.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Oh come, now, we all know that public morality is an elastic thing. Look at Floyd Mayweather. A convicted wife beater, and the people love him. Well, love is perhaps too strong; but they let him slide. Boys will be boys, and hopefully the girls are not savage femonazis trying to embarrass and disrespect them.
    You're right, of course, but surely those rules are the same for everyone, aren't they? I mean, even a postman from Swindon would have to expect a certain amount of public grief if he was filmed drunkenly brawling outside a nightclub in the small hours of the night?