Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stokes and Hales dropped. Idiotic norvern monkey.

I'm loving his strategy to get out of this; claiming that he was defending two benders from homophobic abuse.

You chin some bloke and then move straight into virtue signaling mode in order to get out of it. Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm loving his strategy to get out of this; claiming that he was defending two benders from homophobic abuse.

You chin some bloke and then move straight into virtue signaling mode in order to get out of it. Genius.
    I am not fancying his chances, tbh.

It's what the USA has been doing for decades at a geopolitical level, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's what the USA has been doing for decades at a geopolitical level, tbf.
    Understandable, really. They don't teach you nation building at McClellan Avenue. Or even at Sandhurst, for that matter.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Do you know that he wasn't doing that for a fact, WES? I'm sure both will be making their cases to the ECB who won't have any grounds to disbelieve them. Sure, it went a bit far but to say he should be kicked off The Ashes tour is a little extreme.

And anyway, the other parties were throwing glass bottles in the video - so they're clearly not the most savoury chaps.

Firstly, Stokes hasn't claimed anything.

Secondly, he may well have been defending a couple of benders. WE shall see.

Thirdly, it isn't his fault that public perception is so dominated by these values that it is the best defence.

Finally, the geezer was asking for a hiding and he got off lightly.

You'd think these arse bandits would be a bit more grateful. Not a word of thanks so far

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do you know that he wasn't doing that for a fact, WES? I'm sure both will be making their cases to the ECB who won't have any grounds to disbelieve them. Sure, it went a bit far but to say he should be kicked off The Ashes tour is a little extreme.

And anyway, the other parties were throwing glass bottles in the video - so they're clearly not the most savoury chaps.
    The glass bottles were knocked out of his hand by Stokes... IF he gets charged i don't think they can take him
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The glass bottles were knocked out of his hand by Stokes... IF he gets charged i don't think they can take him
    Jobsworths at the CPS will want to make an example of him. What a pity.

The only hope is that they decide to charge him after the tour. I'm sure they are very busy and have a large backlog of cases to review before they get to looking at old Stokesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Right. He's basically a hero like Jackie Chan or Jason Statham imo.