Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stokes and Hales dropped. Idiotic norvern monkey.

Stokes and Hales dropped. Idiotic norvern monkey.

Great. Ashes tour coming up and we only have 2 proper batsmen in our top 5. Which is the weakest line up I can remember. Our only hope was our lower middle order (coupled with both Cook and Root being at the top of their games.)

We therefore really needed a top drawer all-rounder. There's no point in replacing him with a bastman as we don't have any - we only have 2 proper batsmen in the whole country. Compared to Vince and Ballance etc, we might as well let my glw have a slog.

So we'd have to play another seamer. 4 quicks and Ali. But YJB at 6, Moeen at 7 and Woakes at 8 doesn't look as strong now. And just when Stokes was really starting to play well with both bat and ball. I was rather relying on him swinging a couple of games with a counter-attacking ton and a 5/6 wkt haul.

Why on earth did he let that pleb wind him up? Where was Broad to keep things calm like he did with Root in that bar?

Utter idiot.

Btw what is that Foakes like with the bat? I know Stewart says he's the best keeper in the country. Could YJB play as a proper batsman at no.5 or 6? He's got a FC average of almost 42 compared to Woakes' 36 and a bit and Ali's 38.5.

Ali, Foakes ans Woakes at 7/8/9 perhaps? But then it's only 3 quicks and Ali. That won't work.

We're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Great. Ashes tour coming up and we only have 2 proper batsmen in our top 5. Which is the weakest line up I can remember. Our only hope was our lower middle order (coupled with both Cook and Root being at the top of their games.)

We therefore really needed a top drawer all-rounder. There's no point in replacing him with a bastman as we don't have any - we only have 2 proper batsmen in the whole country. Compared to Vince and Ballance etc, we might as well let my glw have a slog.

So we'd have to play another seamer. 4 quicks and Ali. But YJB at 6, Moeen at 7 and Woakes at 8 doesn't look as strong now. And just when Stokes was really starting to play well with both bat and ball. I was rather relying on him swinging a couple of games with a counter-attacking ton and a 5/6 wkt haul.

Why on earth did he let that pleb wind him up? Where was Broad to keep things calm like he did with Root in that bar?

Utter idiot.

Btw what is that Foakes like with the bat? I know Stewart says he's the best keeper in the country. Could YJB play as a proper batsman at no.5 or 6? He's got a FC average of almost 42 compared to Woakes' 36 and a bit and Ali's 38.5.

Ali, Foakes ans Woakes at 7/8/9 perhaps? But then it's only 3 quicks and Ali. That won't work.

We're doomed.
    Ridicules decision imo. What's the world coming to when a chap can't engage in a bout of healthy fisticuffs without getting dropped? Do we want milksops and plaster saints playing for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ridicules decision imo. What's the world coming to when a chap can't engage in a bout of healthy fisticuffs without getting dropped? Do we want milksops and plaster saints playing for us?
    May not be allowed to leave the country if the CPS decide to charge – which they should.

The man is dangerous.

As for Ganpati’s unsubstantiated claims that this other innocent bystander was a “pleb” who “wound him up” I simply don’t know where to begin.

As I have remarked earlier, if this was a footballer there would be no sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As for Ganpati’s unsubstantiated claims that this other innocent bystander was a “pleb” who “wound him up” I simply don’t know where to begin.
    tbf to G, what type of person goes to a ****ing nightclub (this may have been a bar with a late licence, etc) on a Sunday night? I'm guessing plebs, weirdos and aggressive cricketers.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Agreed. It's like poor Monty getting into **** for pissing on a bouncer. Has a bouncer ever won us a series in India, out bowling the natives and even opening the bowling in a 2nd innings? No. I think any player that has done that for his country, or has scored tones and taken fivefers in Aus, and slogged a 250 in SA and has more tons and fivefers at 26 than Freddie got in his entire career should be exempt from prosecution simply for slapping some oik that almost certainly deserved it.

But we don't have a bastman to replace him with. And we can't really start with 3 quicks and Ali.

Foakes has a better FC average than both Vince and Malan so why aren't we giving him a go ffs?

This is a disaster, Berni.

May not be allowed to leave the country if the CPS decide to charge – which they should.

The man is dangerous.

As I have remarked earlier, if this was a footballer there would be no sympathy.
    But - crucially - he's not a footballer. He's a cricketer and therefore a better sort of chap automatically.

He's almost certainly behaved heroically, fighting off scum who attack people with bottles. Prosecuting him would be a travesty.

**********FREE STOKES************

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Agreed. It's like poor Monty getting into **** for pissing on a bouncer. Has a bouncer ever won us a series in India, out bowling the natives and even opening the bowling in a 2nd innings? No. I think any player that has done that for his country, or has scored tones and taken fivefers in Aus, and slogged a 250 in SA and has more tons and fivefers at 26 than Freddie got in his entire career should be exempt from prosecution simply for slapping some oik that almost certainly deserved it.

But we don't have a bastman to replace him with. And we can't really start with 3 quicks and Ali.

Foakes has a better FC average than both Vince and Malan so why aren't we giving him a go ffs?

This is a disaster, Berni.
    The chap who attacked Stokes' fist with his jaw ought to be strung up if you ask me.

But - crucially - he's not a footballer. He's a cricketer and therefore a better sort of chap automatically.

He's almost certainly behaved heroically, fighting off scum who attack people with bottles. Prosecuting him would be a travesty.

**********FREE STOKES************
    Where was the bottle?

I know a lad who was arrested once in North London and in his possession was a bottle of beer. Said bottle later turned up smashed and was suggested to be a weapon!!!!!!

Cast iron FACT and indeed END OF.

Where was the bottle?

I know a lad who was arrested once in North London and in his possession was a bottle of beer. Said bottle later turned up smashed and was suggested to be a weapon!!!!!!

Cast iron FACT and indeed END OF.

To be fair, Brizzle does sound a little wild if today's snapshot of the local rag is true...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/br...er-head-547042

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/br...spotted-548320

and worst of all

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/br...or-turn-544593
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The chap who attacked Stokes' fist with his jaw ought to be strung up if you ask me.
    Agreed. ***** FREE STOKES *****