Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stokes and Hales dropped. Idiotic norvern monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    May not be allowed to leave the country if the CPS decide to charge – which they should.

The man is dangerous.

As for Ganpati’s unsubstantiated claims that this other innocent bystander was a “pleb” who “wound him up” I simply don’t know where to begin.

As I have remarked earlier, if this was a footballer there would be no sympathy.
    If he was a footballer he would be playing for his club this weekend. FACT.

Cricket will deal with this in an appropriate manner. Hopefully one in which he gets to play in the Ashes.

As for the fella he chinned, pay him off. I would take a smack in the mouth for 20 or 30 grand. Win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    To be fair, Brizzle does sound a little wild if today's snapshot of the local rag is true...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/br...er-head-547042

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/br...spotted-548320

and worst of all

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/br...or-turn-544593
    The last one is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If he was a footballer he would be playing for his club this weekend. FACT.

Cricket will deal with this in an appropriate manner. Hopefully one in which he gets to play in the Ashes.

As for the fella he chinned, pay him off. I would take a smack in the mouth for 20 or 30 grand. Win-win.
    Good idea. Bung him a few grand. FFS, one extra won test down under must be worth a bit to the ECB, and an on form Stokes is likely to play a part in winning a match that we wouldn't have won without him.

Are you allowed to do this in the UK, though? In Pakistan etc you can get given blood money. But would this be bribing a witness or whatever? Are you allowed to pay money to get someone to drop the charges over here?

The last one is brilliant
    True.

****ing mentalist.

Him, not you.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Good idea. Bung him a few grand. FFS, one extra won test down under must be worth a bit to the ECB, and an on form Stokes is likely to play a part in winning a match that we wouldn't have won without him.

Are you allowed to do this in the UK, though? In Pakistan etc you can get given blood money. But would this be bribing a witness or whatever? Are you allowed to pay money to get someone to drop the charges over here?
    In a criminal case it is the CPS that charge you, not the victim. Clearly if the victim decides they no longer wish to be a witness or to participate in the case it hugely weakens that case.

No, of course you cant bribe them but as I understand it, were they to launch a civil claim you could settle that out of order straight away and then 'anticipate' that the victim withdraws their involvement from the criminal case. The problem being that settling the civil case implies guilt....

Its only illegal if you get caught

I am guessing on all of this, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ridicules decision imo. What's the world coming to when a chap can't engage in a bout of healthy fisticuffs without getting dropped? Do we want milksops and plaster saints playing for us?
    It's f*cking outrageous - just a little drunken escapade. He's clearly been deliberately wound up by these idiots - probably Austrialians. Flintoff got away with murder by comparison.

Whoever released the CCTV should hang their damned heads in shame. Pathetic.

May not be allowed to leave the country if the CPS decide to charge – which they should.

The man is dangerous.

As for Ganpati’s unsubstantiated claims that this other innocent bystander was a “pleb” who “wound him up” I simply don’t know where to begin.

As I have remarked earlier, if this was a footballer there would be no sympathy.
    Yes but cricket is enjoyed by, and mostly played by, nice middle-class types S. For sure the odd oik like Botham and Stokes have to be tolerated so we can actually win some something now and then but it's not as if he hit a nice middle-class person now is it?

I think you're being churlish and frankly, an Irisher tsk tsk'ing about pub brawls is a little rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    In a criminal case it is the CPS that charge you, not the victim. Clearly if the victim decides they no longer wish to be a witness or to participate in the case it hugely weakens that case.
    You are correct, which is incredible in itself.

Of course the requirement for the injured party to act as witness only comes into play if the accused pleads not guilty, which itself causes the case to be adjourned on numerous occasions through the Magistrates Court before being sent to Crown Court, Wood Green for example.

I would have thought the likelihood here is that BS pleads guilty – based on overwhelming video evidence which shows him to be the clear aggressor - in order to close the whole thing and gets a very soft punishment as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Yes but cricket is enjoyed by, and mostly played by, nice middle-class types S. For sure the odd oik like Botham and Stokes have to be tolerated so we can actually win some something now and then but it's not as if he hit a nice middle-class person now is it?

I think you're being churlish and frankly, an Irisher tsk tsk'ing about pub brawls is a little rich.
    I am only ever interested in justice H.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Great. Ashes tour coming up and we only have 2 proper batsmen in our top 5. Which is the weakest line up I can remember. Our only hope was our lower middle order (coupled with both Cook and Root being at the top of their games.)

We therefore really needed a top drawer all-rounder. There's no point in replacing him with a bastman as we don't have any - we only have 2 proper batsmen in the whole country. Compared to Vince and Ballance etc, we might as well let my glw have a slog.

So we'd have to play another seamer. 4 quicks and Ali. But YJB at 6, Moeen at 7 and Woakes at 8 doesn't look as strong now. And just when Stokes was really starting to play well with both bat and ball. I was rather relying on him swinging a couple of games with a counter-attacking ton and a 5/6 wkt haul.

Why on earth did he let that pleb wind him up? Where was Broad to keep things calm like he did with Root in that bar?

Utter idiot.

Btw what is that Foakes like with the bat? I know Stewart says he's the best keeper in the country. Could YJB play as a proper batsman at no.5 or 6? He's got a FC average of almost 42 compared to Woakes' 36 and a bit and Ali's 38.5.

Ali, Foakes ans Woakes at 7/8/9 perhaps? But then it's only 3 quicks and Ali. That won't work.

We're doomed.
    More to the point... who gives a ****, it's only
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar