Great. Ashes tour coming up and we only have 2 proper batsmen in our top 5. Which is the weakest line up I can remember. Our only hope was our lower middle order (coupled with both Cook and Root being at the top of their games.)

We therefore really needed a top drawer all-rounder. There's no point in replacing him with a bastman as we don't have any - we only have 2 proper batsmen in the whole country. Compared to Vince and Ballance etc, we might as well let my glw have a slog.

So we'd have to play another seamer. 4 quicks and Ali. But YJB at 6, Moeen at 7 and Woakes at 8 doesn't look as strong now. And just when Stokes was really starting to play well with both bat and ball. I was rather relying on him swinging a couple of games with a counter-attacking ton and a 5/6 wkt haul.

Why on earth did he let that pleb wind him up? Where was Broad to keep things calm like he did with Root in that bar?

Utter idiot.

Btw what is that Foakes like with the bat? I know Stewart says he's the best keeper in the country. Could YJB play as a proper batsman at no.5 or 6? He's got a FC average of almost 42 compared to Woakes' 36 and a bit and Ali's 38.5.

Ali, Foakes ans Woakes at 7/8/9 perhaps? But then it's only 3 quicks and Ali. That won't work.

We're doomed.