Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ben Stokes fight video....

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. If it had just been him protecting his mate who was attacked, fair enough, but he did rather go after the chap for some time.

Still, it's the sort of thing no-one would have known about or bothered about a few years back. Bloody CCTV.
    I think its the last punch that has done it for him. The other chap appears to be backing away and trying to calm him down. He floors him.

The stuff before that is mostly scuffling and some badly aimed punches.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Highly unlikely Dickie .. the fella will doubtless smell a very large chunk of compensation.
    He's unlikely to get it if he was the one who was doing the attacking in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think its the last punch that has done it for him. The other chap appears to be backing away and trying to calm him down. He floors him.

The stuff before that is mostly scuffling and some badly aimed punches.
    Yes. Doesn't look great, that, does it?

Highly unlikely Dickie .. the fella will doubtless smell a very large chunk of compensation.
    If the lad wants money it can be resolved quite easily......

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Clearly had too much to drink but still dropped the lad...knocked him out cold too o:

Surely won't go to Australia now...they will crucify him for this.

Braitwaite in the World Cup was 1 thing...anyone with half a brain cell could sympathise with the lad but the Aussies will be merciless...it could break him.
    Wd Ben Stokes, cost us the T20 WC Final and now The Ashes....****ing half-wit*

*him, not you

Yes. Doesn't look great, that, does it?
    Who is with him? I mean, if that is me there as his mate there is no way I would allow all that to happen.

Who is with him? I mean, if that is me there as his mate there is no way I would allow all that to happen.
    Fúck him, deserves to be done.

Note: I have not seen the video.

The focus of a compo claim tends to be rather narrow though. The case for damages

He's unlikely to get it if he was the one who was doing the attacking in the first place.
    here will be based on injuries sustained, time off work, the appalling and dreadful psychological damage his doctors will doubtless attest to.

If the claimant has attacked someone else that is a different case. Stokes is in trouble here methinks. The most pressing question is, can we win the Ashes without him

here will be based on injuries sustained, time off work, the appalling and dreadful psychological damage his doctors will doubtless attest to.

If the claimant has attacked someone else that is a different case. Stokes is in trouble here methinks. The most pressing question is, can we win the Ashes without him
    Oh, I don't think we'll win the Ashes anyway. Not over there.

I understand Alex Hales was also in attendance. Either fortunate to not have been caught on camera or didn't have the minerals to go in on them.

Some of Stoksey's punches were big old swings. Would have done some damage if he's landed one.