Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wing backs

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Funnily enough I saw Walcott suggested as a possible backup to Beyereen.
    Imagine him attempting to run around the opposition's left winger, losing the ball, tumbling to the floor and then moaning to the ref as he nonchalantly waves play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The soppy old french tit just wants out of the contest asap because he's acutely embarrassed to have anything to do with it. He's like a teenage girl forced to arrive at the prom in her dad's Austin Allegro*

*might have owned one once
    My 1st car, the estate version......have to say, whilst bloody ugly, it was very practical for attending raves and never once broke down.

I'm not sure Nelson is going to learn a ****ing thing being forced to play wing back, other than losing confidence every time he makes a **** up because the daft french **** is asking a creative player (who should be doing most of his work in the final third) to defend.

No depth, cover, and rotation options available? (Wenger Out!)

Or le Boss wisely teaching youngsters the game by playing them out of position in winnable games? (Wenger In!)
    I had hoped this thread was going to be about armchairs. How disappointing.

Funnily enough I saw Walcott suggested as a possible backup to Beyereen.
    While financially secure for life, and the owner of a new coffee machine, I wonder if TW ever sits back and think where it all went “wrong”.

What is he now, 28 maybe, the age when players are spoken about as being at their peak yet TJ is as far away from a regular first 11 player at the Arsenal as he has been in a decade and appears to be your so called 3 Lions forgotten man.

Still, I expect he is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    While financially secure for life, and the owner of a new coffee machine, I wonder if TW ever sits back and think where it all went “wrong”.

What is he now, 28 maybe, the age when players are spoken about as being at their peak yet TJ is as far away from a regular first 11 player at the Arsenal as he has been in a decade and appears to be your so called 3 Lions forgotten man.

Still, I expect he is happy.
    I doubt he's capable of human emotions like happiness or regret, sw. Even if he were, his face would be incapable of displaying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I'm not sure Nelson is going to learn a ****ing thing being forced to play wing back, other than losing confidence every time he makes a **** up because the daft french **** is asking a creative player (who should be doing most of his work in the final third) to defend.
    I think your transformation into Gilberto Silva is now complete

Ox and Gibbs leaving created this little predicament.

I guess he's hoping Maitland can do the job but he's far more effective in the middle.

I think it's time to introduce Debuchy back into the fold. A wing back role would play to his strengths as an attacking full back.

That should sort it's the right wing cover for Bellerin...not sure about the left as Monreal and Kolasinac look quite good.

Maybe if Holding can step after his early season dip we can have that cover down the left with Nacho and Kolasinac swapping.

It's not ideal...you would expect a squad of our size to have cover everywhere but it's the same team that played in a back 4 minus Ox, Gibbs and Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I think it's time to introduce Debuchy back into the fold. A wing back role would play to his strengths as an attacking full back.
    I know he was poor in one of his come-back chances but that seems years ago now. He deserves another chance, Shirley.

I know he was poor in one of his come-back chances but that seems years ago now. He deserves another chance, Shirley.
    He's injured isn't he??
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar