Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Saudi is to allow women to drive, but critics are saying that it is still haram

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In fact in the 19th century, eating dinner in pubs was commonplace amongst the non-kitchen-owning classes. Probably not prosciutto wrapped halibut with cauliflower puree though. Cauliflower cheese, perhaps.
    Of course. But that was the 19th century. I appreciate that this is part of the evolution of pubs, it's just that it's an evolution I find remarkably unwelcome and I pine for the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course. But that was the 19th century. I appreciate that this is part of the evolution of pubs, it's just that it's an evolution I find remarkably unwelcome and I pine for the past.
    Speaking of pining for the past - remember when we had more than three batsmen who might be considered of international class. Think this is the worst squad I have ever seen for an Ashes series - and that includes ones that contained Martin McCague and Alan Mullally. Good job the Aussies are a bit **** as well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Speaking of pining for the past - remember when we had more than three batsmen who might be considered of international class. Think this is the worst squad I have ever seen for an Ashes series - and that includes ones that contained Martin McCague and Alan Mullally. Good job the Aussies are a bit **** as well
    Decent batters in middle order though. And having no top order is nothing new. In 2009 ISTR being 30-odd for 3 quite often.

We're persisting with Ballance, ffs! Deeply depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Decent batters in middle order though. And having no top order is nothing new. In 2009 ISTR being 30-odd for 3 quite often.
    196-0 at one point at Lord's would be kind of nice if we could get scores like that again

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We're persisting with Ballance, ffs! Deeply depressing.
    Worse in the one day selection - Willey's out, Ball's in

Plunkett very unlucky, Hales should be going. Vince, Ballance and Malan

Bit harsh. Its still a decent bowling attack and, despite the glaring problems in the top five, there is still plenty of talent in the batting- Cook, Root, Stokes, Moeen, Bairstow.

I think my frustration is more that there is more talent in the side than too many of the performances suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Bit harsh. Its still a decent bowling attack and, despite the glaring problems in the top five, there is still plenty of talent in the batting- Cook, Root, Stokes, Moeen, Bairstow.

I think my frustration is more that there is more talent in the side than too many of the performances suggest.
    Hang on you're being the positive one? Wtf is going on

Hang on you're being the positive one? Wtf is going on
    Pedro on cricket. A new low.

Mind you, from female Saudi drivers to Ashes test selections. Wd all concerned.