Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Saudi is to allow women to drive, but critics are saying that it is still haram

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    F*ck off. It was letting them in pubs where it really went all wrong.
    You won't catch the Saudis making that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I have to politely disagree.
    Sausage-fest boozers are over-rated imo. Popular with men who enjoy the smell of other men's testosterone, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sausage-fest boozers are over-rated imo. Popular with men who enjoy the smell of other men's testosterone, I suspect.
    It's not women who've ruined pubs so much as families and the consequent importance of food.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's not women who've ruined pubs so much as families and the consequent importance of food.
    There speaks a man who's never tried the prosciutto wrapped halibut with cauliflower puree at The Bull in Highgate

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    There speaks a man who's never tried the prosciutto wrapped halibut with cauliflower puree at The Bull in Highgate
    Ooooh, is that still on the menu? Might have to pop up there while it is.

I'm sure it's very nice, but the existence of such a thing on a pub's menu means that place has ceased in all meaningful senses to be a pub.

I'm sure it's very nice, but the existence of such a thing on a pub's menu means that place has ceased in all meaningful senses to be a pub.
    I don't think you'd approve of their beverage offerings, either - they have a drinks menu featuring about 100 craft beers.

I don't think you'd approve of their beverage offerings, either - they have a drinks menu featuring about 100 craft beers.
    Fùckssake! Speak to me no more of this hellish place. I find the mere thought of it depressing.

To be fair, that pub was always full of ****s. It was never a 'boozer' in any real sense.

In fact in the 19th century, eating dinner in pubs was commonplace amongst the non-kitchen-owning classes. Probably not prosciutto wrapped halibut with cauliflower puree though. Cauliflower cheese, perhaps.