Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Saudi is to allow women to drive, but critics are saying that it is still haram

So Saudi is to allow women to drive, but critics are saying that it is still haram

I'm curious to know how a religion founded some 12 centuries before the invention of the combustion engine managed to come up with a rule about women driving automobiles, but there you go. Allah moves in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm curious to know how a religion founded some 12 centuries before the invention of the combustion engine managed to come up with a rule about women driving automobiles, but there you go. Allah moves in mysterious ways.
    Apparently one of Saudi's influential imams felt driving might damage their ovaries.

Which is, I suppose, the biggest issue with Muslims and their integration with the West. The degree to which men who spend decades sat in a room reading the Koran then become influential members of their communities/towns/cities/countries.

I suppose we will know in about 30-40 years if this continues to be an issue in Europe.

they'll rescind the law just as soon as a woman tries to parallel park outside The Grand Mosque

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Will there be an amnesty before the men are allowed to take the piss out of them for their inability to parallel park?

THey are just asking for trouble. Look at what happened here when we let women start doing things and thinking.

It's the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THey are just asking for trouble. Look at what happened here when we let women start doing things and thinking.

It's the road to hell.
    True enough. We let them vote and then Labour governments started happening. Terrible idea.

True enough. We let them vote and then Labour governments started happening. Terrible idea.
    F*ck off. It was letting them in pubs where it really went all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Apparently one of Saudi's influential imams felt driving might damage their ovaries.

Which is, I suppose, the biggest issue with Muslims and their integration with the West. The degree to which men who spend decades sat in a room reading the Koran then become influential members of their communities/towns/cities/countries.

I suppose we will know in about 30-40 years if this continues to be an issue in Europe.
    Where a religion is also the source of temporal law, there is virtually no way of separating a religious community from the teachers of the religion, so I'm guessing it will continue.

And in 30-40 years' time, I'm afraid it'll be too late to do anything about it. We'll be fücked.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Will there be an amnesty before the men are allowed to take the piss out of them for their inability to parallel park?
    There's a strong suspicion that women will just be routinely failed in the driving test.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    F*ck off. It was letting them in pubs where it really went all wrong.
    I have to politely disagree.