Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherie Blair's Dad's Dead.

Cherie Blair's Dad's Dead.

He comes under the heading 'People I thought died years ago', if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He comes under the heading 'People I thought died years ago', if I'm honest.
    Shame he'll be shunted off the news agenda by Vera Duckworth

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Shame he'll be shunted off the news agenda by Vera Duckworth
    Meh. By all accounts he was a bit of a prick anyway.

Meh. By all accounts he was a bit of a prick anyway.
    Should we know who he is over and above Cherie Blair's dad?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Should we know who he is over and above Cherie Blair's dad?
    He played the Scouse Git son-in-law in Till Death Us Do Part and was also in the Confessions series of sex comedies with Sex God Robin Askwith in the 1970s.

He played the Scouse Git son-in-law in Till Death Us Do Part and was also in the Confessions series of sex comedies with Sex God Robin Askwith in the 1970s.
    Yes, I have just googled the chap and his face is somewhat familiar although I am not familiar with either show you mention.

RIP I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, I have just googled the chap and his face is somewhat familiar although I am not familiar with either show you mention.

RIP I suppose.
    I've always thought hoping that people rest in peace when they're dead is an odd thing. What else are they going to do? They're dead. Was do they think the dead are going to do? Get up and start filing their income tax returns?

I've always thought hoping that people rest in peace when they're dead is an odd thing. What else are they going to do? They're dead. Was do they think the dead are going to do? Get up and start filing their income tax returns?
    Quite, but it is the done thing isn't it.

Person dies, you offer your "RIP" condolence. Even when genuinely you don't give a ****.

Possibly something to do with the belief in some quarters that there is some sort of 'afterlife' which might involve some negative aspects such as being tortured by fire for all eternity, or even worse, having to file tax returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Possibly something to do with the belief in some quarters that there is some sort of 'afterlife' which might involve some negative aspects such as being tortured by fire for all eternity, or even worse, having to file tax returns.
    Well that only works if you assume that everyone in heaven is just sitting around resting, surely? What about active people in heaven? What are they supposed to do?