Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherie Blair's Dad's Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Possibly something to do with the belief in some quarters that there is some sort of 'afterlife' which might involve some negative aspects such as being tortured by fire for all eternity, or even worse, having to file tax returns.
    Seemed to be a lot of empty seats last night, a lot of seats that were not available for general sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well that only works if you assume that everyone in heaven is just sitting around resting, surely? What about active people in heaven? What are they supposed to do?
    This is where Islam got one thing right, at least. Commendable attention to detail when it comes to things to do in paradise.

Well that only works if you assume that everyone in heaven is just sitting around resting, surely? What about active people in heaven? What are they supposed to do?
    Hang on. Afterlife or no, surely all religions believe that tax liability ends with what we generally recognise as death?

Aside from inheritance tax, obviously.

Play harps all day, I think. Given a choice between that and the inferno I think that the peaceful, restful, infinite sleep of atheistic non-existence is quite attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Seemed to be a lot of empty seats last night, a lot of seats that were not available for general sale.
    Probably, yes. Lots of empties in my row but low attendances are the new normal really, so I've almost stopped noticing. Might it be possible that the club is no under obligation (either from the authorities or self-imposed) to stop general sale because of the Cologne scenario?

Probably, yes. Lots of empties in my row but low attendances are the new normal really, so I've almost stopped noticing. Might it be possible that the club is no under obligation (either from the authorities or self-imposed) to stop general sale because of the Cologne scenario?
    Well when I said General Sale naturally I meant for Silver and Red members.

I had checked early last week to see if I could sell the WBA match ticket on behalf of a friend (who has my ST annually) but because it was not a sell-out I was precluded. There was numerous seats available to purchase in the upper tiers but none that I was aware of in the lower.

On the television there was a lot of empty LT seats.

It is probably to be expected mind you.

I am over for Spurs by the way so maybe pints are the post-game order of the day. Commiseration pints naturally.

I am over for Spurs by the way so maybe pints are the post-game order of the day. Commiseration pints naturally.
    So you picked the game most likely to cause pain. Very brave of you. I presume you are not inflicting this on your son though.

So you picked the game most likely to cause pain. Very brave of you. I presume you are not inflicting this on your son though.
    God no, his trip shall be a more sedate and less violent affair, maybe one also where victory is more likely.

The lad celebrated AL’s first goal last night as if it were Michael Thomas in 1989, full kit head to toe* with our new Gallic goal hero’s name and number on the back.

*we had just returned from training, it wasn’t specifically for the match

NLD is my favourite game of the season as it goes, love it.

God no, his trip shall be a more sedate and less violent affair, maybe one also where victory is more likely.

The lad celebrated AL’s first goal last night as if it were Michael Thomas in 1989, full kit head to toe* with our new Gallic goal hero’s name and number on the back.

*we had just returned from training, it wasn’t specifically for the match

NLD is my favourite game of the season as it goes, love it.
    I may be in town for that one

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I may be in town for that one
    Yeah, I meant Southampton or was it Hull.