Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Thought Ramsey was nailed on for MOTM last night

  1. #1

    Thought Ramsey was nailed on for MOTM last night

    Nah, not really - that was Monreal.

    Good lord but were we open in the first half. They could have scored 4 or 5 very easily. And as Mustafi is a 25 year old German international, any chance he might, you know, STAY ON HIS F*CKING FEET FOR ONCE!!!!

    Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez up front would fill me with joy. Watching Ramsey and Xhaka back in central midfield in order to accommodate that would fill me with dread.

    Another win, another performance that smells of 5th or 6th place, ho hum.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Nah, not really - that was Monreal.

    Good lord but were we open in the first half. They could have scored 4 or 5 very easily. And as Mustafi is a 25 year old German international, any chance he might, you know, STAY ON HIS F*CKING FEET FOR ONCE!!!!

    Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez up front would fill me with joy. Watching Ramsey and Xhaka back in central midfield in order to accommodate that would fill me with dread.

    Another win, another performance that smells of 5th or 6th place, ho hum.
    I did actually watch the game for once.....

    I thought our defending was generally good. We were winning an awful lot of headers from set pieces. THe problem was our habit of constantly giving the ball away in midfield under no real pressure. Xhaka and Elneny were both guilty of this several times. I really cant stress how much this kind of sloppiness pisses me off.

    Ramsey just looks better further forward. Watching that midfield two last night really brought it home to me how much we needed a midfielder this summer. Without Cazorla that area is pretty light on quality.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I did actually watch the game for once.....

    I thought our defending was generally good. We were winning an awful lot of headers from set pieces. THe problem was our habit of constantly giving the ball away in midfield under no real pressure. Xhaka and Elneny were both guilty of this several times. I really cant stress how much this kind of sloppiness pisses me off.

    Ramsey just looks better further forward. Watching that midfield two last night really brought it home to me how much we needed a midfielder this summer. Without Cazorla that area is pretty light on quality.
    Yes but we've been here so many times before that it bores even me. You'd have to be an idiot to think that Xhaka and Ramsey can play there, Elneny and Coquelin are very average and Cazorla and Wilshere seem permanently crocked.

    And yet we didn't buy a single central midfielder during the summer and ended up turning a profit in the transfer window.

    Staggering. Wenger out. Please.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Nah, not really - that was Monreal.

    Good lord but were we open in the first half. They could have scored 4 or 5 very easily. And as Mustafi is a 25 year old German international, any chance he might, you know, STAY ON HIS F*CKING FEET FOR ONCE!!!!

    Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez up front would fill me with joy. Watching Ramsey and Xhaka back in central midfield in order to accommodate that would fill me with dread.

    Another win, another performance that smells of 5th or 6th place, ho hum.
    I don't recall 4 or 5 chances where they nearly scored.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't recall 4 or 5 chances where they nearly scored.
    Hit post, missed follow up, header cleared off the line... mad scramble when Barry didn't connect properly . RK just missed a flick on..... that was the first half
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  6. #6
    We've seen this sort of game before...turn up looking like they were all out drinking last night and end up losing 4-1.

    Got away with it....maybe the system / back 3 kept us in it...no way Monreal was making that clear rands in a back 4

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Nah, not really - that was Monreal.

    Good lord but were we open in the first half. They could have scored 4 or 5 very easily. And as Mustafi is a 25 year old German international, any chance he might, you know, STAY ON HIS F*CKING FEET FOR ONCE!!!!

    Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez up front would fill me with joy. Watching Ramsey and Xhaka back in central midfield in order to accommodate that would fill me with dread.

    Another win, another performance that smells of 5th or 6th place, ho hum.
    I thought we looked quite average really and looked for the first hour or so to be making very difficult work of dealing with a WBA side that should be renamed Journeymen United (Krychowiak apart).

    A side below the genuinely exciting or threatening sides in the league like City and to a slightly lesser degree United, despite the draw and recent results against Chelsea I still see them ahead of us as I would Spurs, our main hope here being that the temporary move to Wembley will shaft them.

    Very little to get excited about apart from Lacazette who does look the part.

    Needed more change and investment in the summer.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •