Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Len McCluskey on the election: "The whingers and whiners say we didn't win. I say we

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Eh? Labour's Brexit policy reversal has been instituted precisely to gain the votes of the pro-EU middle classes.
    Eh? Their official position is still that we are leaving the single market. The only concession is that they are leaving all options open.

Hence why the middle class are still massively pissed off with Corbyn for his "betrayal"

My daughter won't. She won't say, of course, but I strongly suspect she voted Labour because of the tuition fees thing. The subsequent total backtrack on that policy has convinced her that Labour are not to be trusted.
    Well that's good news (and good for her), but I fear she's in a minority.

My daughter won't. She won't say, of course, but I strongly suspect she voted Labour because of the tuition fees thing. The subsequent total backtrack on that policy has convinced her that Labour are not to be trusted.
    That was, without question, the stupidest thing they said and did. It was a ridiculous promise that drags us back to the dark ages of higher education acting as one big middle class subsidy. Totally unworkable, unaffordable and undesirable. It did prove one thing though- the principled, erstwhile left are not above a bit of cynical electioneering.

Hasn't McDonnell said today that they will get rid of tuition fees? Along with a raft of other things that I have no idea how they going to finance?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Hasn't McDonnell said today that they will get rid of tuition fees? Along with a raft of other things that I have no idea how they going to finance?
    I imagine Burney means the retrospective repayment of fees for post-grads, which they back-tracked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I imagine Burney means the retrospective repayment of fees for post-grads, which they back-tracked on.
    Ah right.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Eh? Their official position is still that we are leaving the single market. The only concession is that they are leaving all options open.

Hence why the middle class are still massively pissed off with Corbyn for his "betrayal"
    Funny, could have sworn Corbyn on Andrew Marr yesterday said that Labour's position was that we should stay in the single market.

Mind you, he was talking in circles most of the time, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Funny, could have sworn Corbyn on Andrew Marr yesterday said that Labour's position was that we should stay in the single market.

Mind you, he was talking in circles most of the time, anyway.
    Only during the transitional period. After that, his priority is gaining tariff-free access to the single market, i.e. from outside of it.