Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Not really sure why everyone's acting all shocked about the AfD gains in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh, I wasn't saying there was - just interesting as a counterpoint to Monty's London take on things.
    The other way in which London is exceptional, of course, is the fact is that those who identify as white British people are now a minority there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It shouldn't, but it clearly does. Which suggests that you are a man who is able to see beyond his own, narrow self interest and express a grave concern for your country. Well done, you.

Unfortunately, this is also virtue signalling which makes you a ****.

Sorry.
    Saying that I don't mind having a nice, polite, friendly Italian family living next door who gives me tips on where to go on holiday is NOT virtue signalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You'll never find a liberal rape victim, as someone once said.

Though a few of Douglas Murray's anecdotes from his book do challenge that theory....

The Norwegian bloke who got bum-raped by a Somalian and then went on about how guilty he felt because the bloke had been deported.

I would not usually use the term, but the word 'cuck' would seem remarkably apt in that instance. That's racial tolerance manifesting as actual mental illness imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Saying that I don't mind having a nice, polite, friendly Italian family living next door who gives me tips on where to go on holiday is NOT virtue signalling.
    I dont really know what it means. I just see everyone else chucking it about all the time so I thought I would try using it.

I didnt enjoy it. I am going to stick to calling people ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The other way in which London is exceptional, of course, is the fact is that those who identify as white British people are now a minority there.
    Not that colour has anything to do with immigration, of course.

I dont really know what it means. I just see everyone else chucking it about all the time so I thought I would try using it.

I didnt enjoy it. I am going to stick to calling people ****s.

I'm glad I am not the only one who failed to grasp quite what that is all about. And Monty is a ****

Not that colour has anything to do with immigration, of course.
    In a country that is overwhelminglyy white British and has been ethnically homogenous for all but the last 70-odd years, would you not say that it's at the very least significant that the capital city is now completely ethnically anomalous?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In a country that is overwhelminglyy white British and has been ethnically homogenous for all but the last 70-odd years, would you not say that it's at the very least significant that the capital city is now completely ethnically anomalous?
    I would say it is the story of London which has not been ethnically homogenous for more than a century. I would also politely suggest that if you are going to chuck in the West Indian immigrants we should probably go back to European jewry who started arriving in London in the 19th century.

The difference between their arrival and the West indians is actually that the West Indians didnt all move to London. The continuing story of our reaction to immigration shows you that it only really becomes a problem when they go outside London.

As you said previously, London is equipped to deal with mass immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm glad I am not the only one who failed to grasp quite what that is all about. And Monty is a ****
    You can add my name to this list along with Pedro and you.

Please god the only time my name and Pedro's name will appear on the same list.

I would say it is the story of London which has not been ethnically homogenous for more than a century. I would also politely suggest that if you are going to chuck in the West Indian immigrants we should probably go back to European jewry who started arriving in London in the 19th century.

The difference between their arrival and the West indians is actually that the West Indians didnt all move to London. The continuing story of our reaction to immigration shows you that it only really becomes a problem when they go outside London.

As you said previously, London is equipped to deal with mass immigration.
    The Jews didn't all move to London, either. There were significant Jewish populations in Leeds, Bradford and Manchester. Marks & Spencer and Montague Burton were both Leeds-based.