Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Not really sure why everyone's acting all shocked about the AfD gains in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I doubt this bloke is particularly enlightened, but if someone is a **** to you and you respond with racist language towards them, I do think a certain amount of leeway should be allowed before you get branded a nazi.

Which is why I don't think half of awimb is racist even though it is a hive of anti-semitism. Basically, I'm asking for it.
    It must be weird being Jewish. You're an ethnic minority, but nobody really treats you like one - even to the extent that people can't even agree on when they are or aren't being racist towards you. Proper ethnics at least have the knowledge that loads of people will rush to their defence at the slightest suggestion of racism, whereas if similar things are said to or about Jews, a debate ensues about whether they're really anti-semitic. Plus, you get those weird philo-semites who essentially seem to share all the same classical bigotries as anti-semites, but see them as positives.

And then there's the underlying knowledge that there are loads of people who, while perfectly outwardly respectable and who would be outraged if you suggested they were racist, instinctively dislike you because you're Jewish.

Plus the whole Holocaust thing must keep you on your toes a bit.

All in all, it must be a bit shīt imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It must be weird being Jewish. You're an ethnic minority, but nobody really treats you like one - even to the extent that people can't even agree on when they are or aren't being racist towards you. Proper ethnics at least have the knowledge that loads of people will rush to their defence at the slightest suggestion of racism, whereas if similar things are said to or about Jews, a debate ensues about whether they're really anti-semitic. Plus, you get those weird philo-semites who essentially seem to share all the same classical bigotries as anti-semites, but see them as positives.

And then there's the underlying knowledge that there are loads of people who, while perfectly outwardly respectable and who would be outraged if you suggested they were racist, instinctively dislike you because you're Jewish.

Plus the whole Holocaust thing must keep you on your toes a bit.

All in all, it must be a bit shīt imo.
    You forgot about IBS, aka The Jewish Disease -

It's not that bad really. Most of us are from money and the girls can be proper slags once they've escaped the reins of their over-bearing parents.

You forgot about IBS, aka The Jewish Disease -

It's not that bad really. Most of us are from money and the girls can be proper slags once they've escaped the reins of their over-bearing parents.
    Yes, I'm sure you don't think about it that much. It's just that it sometimes occurs to me when people are having a pop at your nose/supposed tight-fistedness/residence in Finchley that they wouldn't dream of mocking a black man for - say - the size of his lips or unfortunate tendency to impregnate women and do a runner. That's because a black man is a proper ethnic in a way a Jew simply isn't. Jews seem to get all the downsides of ethnic minority status with none of the upsides. Odd, really.

Jews seem to get all the downsides of ethnic minority status with none of the upsides. Odd, really.
    Well, they do at least get to surreptitiously rule the world, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I thought that was Tears for Fears?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If they're so surreptitious about it, how come you've noticed?

If they're so surreptitious about it, how come you've noticed?
    Well I hadn't noticed, tbh.

Yes, I'm sure you don't think about it that much. It's just that it sometimes occurs to me when people are having a pop at your nose/supposed tight-fistedness/residence in Finchley that they wouldn't dream of mocking a black man for - say - the size of his lips or unfortunate tendency to impregnate women and do a runner. That's because a black man is a proper ethnic in a way a Jew simply isn't. Jews seem to get all the downsides of ethnic minority status with none of the upsides. Odd, really.
    Yes, given the discrimination we face, it's amazing you don't see waves of Jew-on-Jew crime

Yes, given the discrimination we face, it's amazing you don't see waves of Jew-on-Jew crime
    Drive-by shootings in Stamford Hill.

Drive-by shootings in Stamford Hill.
    I asked a couple of Jewish friends recently if they know any Jews who have got divorced. I don't know what the stats are, but I can only assume it is way under the national average.

When you're Jewish, being an absent father means you're stuck at the office working on a complex litigation case.