Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Not really sure why everyone's acting all shocked about the AfD gains in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    True. We saw this with one of the members of the Death Metal band that was performing at the Bataclan during the attack. The media were all over him - until they realised he was politically and socially conservative and he ended up getting banned from the reopening of the venue
    I believe thon Millwall chappie who saved lives at the London Bridge attacks may have been downgraded from hero to racist thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Jews didn't all move to London, either. There were significant Jewish populations in Leeds, Bradford and Manchester. Marks & Spencer and Montague Burton were both Leeds-based.
    Were they not the more established jewish communities though? The first mass migration started in the 1880s and was primarily from eastern europe. I think the overwhelming majority of these arrived and stayed in London. There was a rather well documented tension between the settled jewish communities in most locations and the recent arrivals.

Anyway, the point is that northerners are racists and londoners are decent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I believe thon Millwall chappie who saved lives at the London Bridge attacks may have been downgraded from hero to racist thug.
    Mind you, he was Millwall, so the latter was always a fair bet, wasn't it?

Mind you, he was Millwall, so the latter was always a fair bet, wasn't it?
    Yes, he doesnt appear to have left much to the imagination. His tirade included 'foreign ****s, rapist ****s, you people stink like ****'.....

Still.......he did fight off terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, he doesnt appear to have left much to the imagination. His tirade included 'foreign ****s, rapist ****s, you people stink like ****'.....

Still.......he did fight off terrorists.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    He fought off three terrorists with his bare hands and was stabbed multiple times. I think he has earned the right to a bit of a tirade.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He fought off three terrorists with his bare hands and was stabbed multiple times. I think he has earned the right to a bit of a tirade.
    Quite so. And just because you happen to be a bit racist, it doesn't mean you're necessarily a bad chap.

I doubt this bloke is particularly enlightened, but if someone is a **** to you and you respond with racist language towards them, I do think a certain amount of leeway should be allowed before you get branded a nazi.

Which is why I don't think half of awimb is racist even though it is a hive of anti-semitism. Basically, I'm asking for it.

Quite so. And just because you happen to be a bit racist, it doesn't mean you're necessarily a bad chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I doubt this bloke is particularly enlightened, but if someone is a **** to you and you respond with racist language towards them, I do think a certain amount of leeway should be allowed before you get branded a nazi.

Which is why I don't think half of awimb is racist even though it is a hive of anti-semitism. Basically, I'm asking for it.

Fair point. In this instance the video of him screaming abuse and spitting in a black photographers face whilst shouting 'National Front' was taken before the terrorist incident.

Even so..... handy guy to have around.

True. And there are times when being a thoroughly decent chap isn't much use.