Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
I doubt this bloke is particularly enlightened, but if someone is a **** to you and you respond with racist language towards them, I do think a certain amount of leeway should be allowed before you get branded a nazi.

Which is why I don't think half of awimb is racist even though it is a hive of anti-semitism. Basically, I'm asking for it.
It must be weird being Jewish. You're an ethnic minority, but nobody really treats you like one - even to the extent that people can't even agree on when they are or aren't being racist towards you. Proper ethnics at least have the knowledge that loads of people will rush to their defence at the slightest suggestion of racism, whereas if similar things are said to or about Jews, a debate ensues about whether they're really anti-semitic. Plus, you get those weird philo-semites who essentially seem to share all the same classical bigotries as anti-semites, but see them as positives.

And then there's the underlying knowledge that there are loads of people who, while perfectly outwardly respectable and who would be outraged if you suggested they were racist, instinctively dislike you because you're Jewish.

Plus the whole Holocaust thing must keep you on your toes a bit.

All in all, it must be a bit shīt imo.