Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UBER not having their licence renewed in London

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It shouldn't matter, you don't leave her in there
    Im just trying to see something good in this Poks!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The story was true apart from the bit at the end
    Here's a true story, according to my ex:

My ex, who is french, had very 'liberal/progressive' mother who wanted to show how non-racist she was by inviting some young maghrebian men into their home, where they were seated on the sofe next to her daughter, who was I think in her early teens at that time. When one of this fellows proceded to a little bit molest her, complete with her protestations, her mother did ..... nothing, and pretended it wasn't happening.

Needless to say my ex was not best pleased with her mother for this, and she has to carry the memory of this abuse, which would have happened some time in the 1980s, through her life. Some might think, even if they dare not say it in polite society, that this is quite the portender for what would come to pass.
    Last edited by Ash; 09-22-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Black cab drivers will be happy
    Hmm, sounds as though someone in TFL has had their palms nicely greased here. Perhaps the black cabbies have pooled together.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Im just trying to see something good in this Poks!
    The only good thing is m's car broke down
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I left my daughter in an Uber for about 5 minutes recently with a driver called Muhammad as I dropped off my son at nursery.

I felt well not racist

.................................................. .

.................................................. ...............

He raped her
    Oh! Well done for resisting your urges, Muhammed!

You cannot trust them to not fall asleep, though. My Uber to the airport the other day was alarming to say the least as my driver often seemed to be driving with his eyes closed, only waking up as his tyres hit the rumble strips/cats eyes.

This meant that I was forced to make conversation I'd really have preferred to avoid in order to keep the guy awake.

I wouldn't leave them alone with a stranger routinely, but surely we can generally trust people not to fúck/abduct our kids?

Anyway he seemed nice.
    One would hope so. Here's another story.

I was in a pub in one of the streets just south of the British Museum when a woman came in, with a child and saying "has anyone lost their child?"

"Yes!" exclaimed another woman who had come into the pub looking for her lost child and went to claim her sprog.

"Is this your mother?" asked the first woman to the child. "Yes" replied the kid.

"Are you sure????" she demanded, holding the sprog back from its now-horrified mother being accused of potentially abducting her own child.

The child confirmed and the reunion was complete. It was wierd though, that for a moment the non-parent seemed to have 'legitimate' control over the fate of the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I was in a pub in one of the streets just south of the British Museum when a woman came in, with a child and saying "has anyone lost their child?"

"Yes!" exclaimed another woman who had come into the pub looking for her lost child and went to claim her sprog.

"Is this your mother?" asked the first woman to the child. "Yes" replied the kid.

"Are you sure????" she demanded, holding the sprog back from its now-horrified mother being accused of potentially abducting her own child.

The child confirmed and the reunion was complete. It was wierd though, that for a moment the non-parent seemed to have 'legitimate' control over the fate of the child.
    You would think in that situation the actual parent would have just produced a phone with a bazillion photos of said child. That's what happens every time i meet a parent these days

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You would think in that situation the actual parent would have just produced a phone with a bazillion photos of said child. That's what happens every time i meet a parent these days
    Yes. This was some years ago before the omnipresence of cameras with incorporated telephone functionality.

Imagine what it's like being me with two distinctly un-ethnic looking children?

People assume I'm either a cheap, foreign - and presumably homosexual - au pair, or a particularly brazen member of a child sex grooming gang.

So the mother had come into the pub to look for her lost child?