Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I've got to drive to fúcking Welsh Wales :-(

Now I've got to drive to fúcking Welsh Wales :-(

I'm going to be up front about this: I'm scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    ARAF! 10 characters.

I went to North Wales once. There was only one place to eat called the Golden cod. I went there for 5 days in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    ARAF! 10 characters.

I went to North Wales once. There was only one place to eat called the Golden cod. I went there for 5 days in a row
    Luckily I will have my own facilities, f. I want to avoid having to interact with the locals if at all possible.

It can be a very beautiful country though I accept your point that interacting with the locals can be tricky.

More than once I have simply stood in silence when a Welsh has engaged me in conversation. While I may have appeared rude I was genuinely lost as to what the person had just said or enquired about.

Luckily I will have my own facilities, f. I want to avoid having to interact with the locals if at all possible.
    Whereabouts?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It can be a very beautiful country though I accept your point that interacting with the locals can be tricky.

More than once I have simply stood in silence when a Welsh has engaged me in conversation. While I may have appeared rude I was genuinely lost as to what the person had just said or enquired about.
    You? Rude?

Never

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You? Rude?

Never
    Here we go.

The early morning peace and calm of Awimb shattered as the Springsteen army move in. I expect your racist mongrel colleague will soon appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Whereabouts?
    Snowdonia. Halfway up a mountain. No TV, no phone signal, no internets. Just welshers.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Here we go.

The early morning peace and calm of Awimb shattered as the Springsteen army move in. I expect your racist mongrel colleague will soon appear.
    Bit paranoid, sw? Not had a drink yet? Get a couple of pints of th'aul black stuff inside you, calm you down a bit.

Snowdonia. Halfway up a mountain. No TV, no phone signal, no internets. Just welshers.
    Wonderful. It will be lovely, dont worry. If any Welshers approach you just charge at them shouting '**** off, Kinnock'....this tends to scare them away. Worked for me anyway.