Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Wilshere is an interesting player.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think he thinks it shouldn't happen and that to him is very close to saying that it doesn't.
    Yes. Senile, you see.

Also, I forgot about Bryan Robson, but can anybody see Jack playing about 800 games in his career? 8 games in a row and we'd be dancing in the streets.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Because we hack them to pieces. Or 'put them under pressure, letting them know you are there' depending on your standpoint.

Wenger is right that Jack is a special case, as are you (right that is). THere is a hell of a footballer in there somewhere and we may as well have one last go to see if we can find him.
    And it might mean putting Ramsey on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. Senile, you see.

Also, I forgot about Bryan Robson, but can anybody see Jack playing about 800 games in his career? 8 games in a row and we'd be dancing in the streets.
    I think Robbo was capable of 'putting a foot in'......

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It wont though, will it. He will stick him at wing back. Or further forward (which I wouldn't have a problem with).

It wont though, will it. He will stick him at wing back. Or further forward (which I wouldn't have a problem with).
    In 343 he should only be one of the central 2 in the 4.

In 4231 you could make an argument for the middle of the 3, although I wouldn't.

Anything else is insane. So yes, it might happen.

In 343 he should only be one of the central 2 in the 4.

In 4231 you could make an argument for the middle of the 3, although I wouldn't.

Anything else is insane. So yes, it might happen.
    In 343 I would put him in Ozil's role where he will do the least harm.

4231 I don't want him as one of the two.

In 343 I would put him in Ozil's role where he will do the least harm.

4231 I don't want him as one of the two.
    Wide left in 343? Are you quite mad?

Jack is a central midfielder, Peter. Putting him anywhere else has been part of the problem. I prefer him further back as it encourages him to pass the ball more quickly, hanging on to it too long is one of his issues, one which are genius manager has never corrected.

Wenger out.

Wide left in 343? Are you quite mad?

Jack is a central midfielder, Peter. Putting him anywhere else has been part of the problem. I prefer him further back as it encourages him to pass the ball more quickly, hanging on to it too long is one of his issues, one which are genius manager has never corrected.

Wenger out.
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about Ramsey.

More than likely find a way to shoehorn them all in.

I think Robbo was capable of 'putting a foot in'......
    Right. And, importantly, without that foot falling off at the ankle each time
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."