Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
Wide left in 343? Are you quite mad?

Jack is a central midfielder, Peter. Putting him anywhere else has been part of the problem. I prefer him further back as it encourages him to pass the ball more quickly, hanging on to it too long is one of his issues, one which are genius manager has never corrected.

Wenger out.
That's harsh on Veng, imo. As P says, if he (Jack) had had the **** kicked out of him at an early age, he wouldn't do that anymore. (Of course, as a result, he probably wouldn't have ever made our first team either, seeing as the *that* is what makes people like Wenger like him so much in the first place). Anyway, the manager loves him so plays him further forward, but that can't really work either, as our team, probably more than any other, simply cannot afford to carry a non-scoring #10, and we certainly cannot afford to carry two or three of the buggers.

Like I said, Jack simply doesn't play enough football for anyone to really work out how, of even if, he is going to work out because he never stays fit for long enough. I'm not sure there's anything the manager can do about that.