Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Jack Wilshere is an interesting player.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think 'central midfielder' means something different these days. He's a trequartista, don't you know. #jorge
    Does he play in the middle bit of the pitch doing passes and stuff, and not scoring? I dont mind what we call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Does he play in the middle bit of the pitch doing passes and stuff, and not scoring? I dont mind what we call it.
    Yes, but don't call him a central midfielder. Let's just call him Jack and not pigeonhole the poor chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am afraid you are somewhat behind the times. Back in my day, a midfield player was a midfield player. Now he must be categorised as a central midfielder, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder, or a no. 10/trequartista.

Football hipsters have destroyed our game, p #jorge

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am afraid you are somewhat behind the times. Back in my day, a midfield player was a midfield player. Now he must be categorised as a central midfielder, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder, or a no. 10/trequartista.

Football hipsters have destroyed our game, p #jorge
    Or a holding midfielder. Or an injured midfielder, which is his best position.